My Uchida collection… is done?

Not a completist, as the various ‘ordinary’ Drawing Holder drop clutch types don’t ‘hold’ much interest for me. Maybe a Microsharp if I ever get a sane opportunity. But yeah, I think this is about it for me.

13 Likes

Wow! As you wrote, probably the holder part is not complete MoonWiki - uchida - Mechanical Pencils

Kent Microsharp is of course easier to get than Uchida, but i don’t know if this “counts” … :wink:

4 Likes

This is one of the coolest sub-collections in pencildom :star_struck:

I love the uniquely beautiful Drawing Type designs.

And is that a capped MP on the right? How much would THAT go for on YAJ? :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

That last capped one is actually a ‘Concise Rolling Sleeve Cutter’, No. 839-0001. Twist extend / retract for a micro blade… I tried putting in a piece of 0.5mm lead but it was:

1. Too short to be useful
  2. Too loose and prone to drop out
2 Likes

Beautiful collection! The drawing sharps make me drool. What camera do you use for your pictures?

1 Like

Hiya. I’m still using the 12mp single lens camera on my obsolete iPhone XR :smiley:

2 Likes

I had a XR and none of my photos looked this good, you are a level above. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

It’s all about the lighting. You can take really nice photos with just an 8MP camera, if you employ good lighting. It should be diffused and from 2 sources.

Kelvin, a truly phenomenal collection. Congratulations!
Btw, I noticed the gold, green, and blue Drawing Sharp E. There wasn’t a red one?

4 Likes

Hey there! Nope… no red E. And no black E either :wink:

4 Likes

This photo should be framed and sent to the Uchida company.

4 Likes

Make a book for it.

1 Like

Someone did a small book of Uchida pencils. That was the inspiration for the Pentel Book.

1 Like

UCHIDA 整理 (Inspiration).pdf (1.9 MB)
Here is that book.

7 Likes

I am in love!

Heck, my breakdown of the F type made it in there! :smiley:

1 Like

I can’t remember where I found this book. I thought it was on Reddit, but a while back I could not find it. According to the date of the file on my PC, it was 12/17/2021, which sounds about right. I started on the Pentel Book in early 2022.

2 Likes

Did Sailor Make the Uchida Type F?
type F

Edit - and is this a Type F :smiley:

There is a Sailor model (Sailor Drawing Sharp), I’ve had a few in Brown. I don’t know who OEMd it, though

1 Like

In my imagination, Ohhira makes 99% of all mechanical pencils (or at least most parts and mechanisms) since god knows when…

Their client list is pretty impressive:

http://www.ohhira.com/about_us_en.html

6 Likes

that is impressive