My Uchida collection… is done?

When the Paperworld trade show in Frankfurt/Main (Germany) still took place I have visited it for several years. In 2011 I almost overlooked Ohhira’s stand because it was small and unassuming.

In view of the company’s numerous clients at the time I would have expected a much larger presentation.

7 Likes

There are not so many Ohhira labeled pencils/pens, so they are more business to business and don’t need to address the visitors of the Paperworld. I guess Kotobuki is similar (but there are after all still more Penac products than Ohhira labeled products)?

4 Likes

The Paperworld was a trade show for business to business (although there were some end users among the visitors :wink:). Back then quite a few stands were very large.

Based on this, I’d really like to see an OHHIRA branded double-knock pencil. Just for posterity sake, showing respect for this amazing brand that has crafted fine pencils for so many other brands.

1 Like

They exist…

5 Likes

I had one in Black exactly like this — sold it somewhere between 2015 and 2017, usually keep the photos organised but somehow I can’t find the Ohhira pics…

(photo found online)

1 Like

Dear lord…. It is beautiful. I love finding out variants of my favorites exist.

Is it the same model?

2 Likes

Figures it is priced like that… too many collectors and not enough inventory!

1 Like

I think i sold mine for $90 c. 2016… (I bought it for $60 from Andrey) but 42,000¥ is quite a step!

Yep, it’s the same. Fuji corona 205, Ohhira, Kokuyo TZ-PSP5. At least these three are the exact same model.

2 Likes

The black Ohhira ref. is SH-100B

2 Likes

And also the first Manufactum Druckbleistift?

1 Like

Yes, that too, I’ve seen mentions on reddit about that. Haven’t seen the first Manufactums, though.

(I have a delightful brass one, second gen., I suppose)

2 Likes

Thank you! I bought two of the first generation around 2008/2009 and have always wondered who made it.

2 Likes

I love the brass one. Compact, the clicks sound good (both the knock+feed and the tip retraction) and the brass always has that extra situation that it provides you with a nice relaxed time when you’re cleaning the metal :slight_smile: It’s like reading a newspaper without the bad news.

2 Likes

Would you mind posting an image? I’ve never seen a first gen.

I realised that my memory was wrong in that I didn’t buy this mechanical pencil from Manufactum in 2008/2009 but from Standardgraph in 2007 (maybe it was also available at Manufactum but I don’t know). – Standardgraph used to be a supplier mainly of drawing supplies, including for technical drawing (templates, compasses, etc.); today it has many bought-in products. However, they still have some of the old brass DUX handheld pencil sharpeners.

Anyway, here it is:

7 Likes

Wonderful, I appreciate it greatly.

1 Like