Manufactum orders & shipping

There is a plan afoot for a batch-buy of Manufactum pencils (which currently do not have an option for US shipping) If you‘d like to get in on the action, you can drop your wishes here. Essentially:

• one person volunteers to order everything in one go and has it sent to my address (:de:).
• I check that all pencils are good, package everything securely and ship it to the volunteer’s address (:us:). The shipping cost is split between all interested parties.
• the individual pencils are then shipped locally to their owners.

Think that’s it. Any questions - drop ‘em in this thread so that we avoid repetition.

5 Likes

Thanks @Stu for volunteering. So per your first bullet point, once we establish which of us stateside will be placing the order, we will all need to PayPal that person directly.

At some point we will also need to send you funds to cover your shipping costs. I guess we would split that evenly amping us.

1 Like

Yep, but we can do that at a later stage once everything has arrived and i’m ready to ship it. DOubt it will be more than a few bucks p/p anyway. We’ll cross that bridge once we get to it :+1:

2 Likes

I noticed this morning that the Manufactum web site isn’t listing the aluminum model :confused:

1 Like

This?

2 Likes

Yeah, the aluminium one is listed separately. @Knockologist posted the link to the aluminium above.

3 Likes

@Pdunc67 hasn’t had his morning :coffee: yet.

1 Like

Too much coffee maybe :thinking:

Thanks

2 Likes

In the description, what do they mean with “In addition to the double-press mechanism (pressing the button for the first time brings out the pencil mechanism, each press pushes the lead forward), this mechanical pencil with the side-mounted push button offers an automatic feed.”

Does the side button just retract the tip?

1 Like

@drifand will be able to answer that for us. If I had to guess it’s also a way to advance the lead. Hard push on the top knock will reveal the vanishing point, short clicks advance the lead. Side click would advance the lead, too? Could be a translation issue with the word automatic. Pentel used to use that term just for a mechanical pencil.

If the Reddit sub was up, I’m sure Drifand explains that button in his post.

2 Likes

Yep. Push once to extend sleeve, again to extend lead, and retract via the button on the side.

3 Likes

Thanks @Stu!

Is that the only way to retract the tip? Via the side button?

I want to say yes, but i’m not at home yet. Let me get back to you to confirm.

1 Like

I know their older model could also retract the tip with a hard push on the top knock. @Kiwi-d can confirm that, I believe.

Confirmed: 1st push extends sleeve, 2nd push extends lead. You cannot retract the sleeve with a harder knock, only with the button on the side.

Edit: I purchased mine in May. Earlier models may have been different; I can’t speculate.

4 Likes

I would love one of each double-knock (and all must be 0.5mm):

• Brass
  • Black
  • Aluminum
4 Likes

AFAIK they don’t come in any other size but 0.5.

2 Likes

Good & Proper™

1 Like

I’m in for:

• Black
  • Aluminum
1 Like

Black and Aluminum for me as well

2 Likes