Manufactum orders & shipping

I’m plannnig on black and brass, but will most likely get all 3

3 Likes

I can’t decide!!! I loveeeee brass pieces but I really don’t want to get a piece in and immediately have to hit it with my satin polishing wheel to take down the shiny. :thinking:

2 Likes

I can help. Here’s my reasoning: These pencils exist; I should have them.

5 Likes

I would be in for black and aluminum as well. Thanks.

2 Likes

What if they only came in 0.7 or 0.9. What nah?

1 Like

I was wondering if Manufactum might have a controlled/limited inventory, which they replenish by subsequent manufacturing runs.
I went ahead and specified 100 units and added to basket, for each of the 3 choices. All were accepted and I could go to payment. So either they have that much inventory on hand, or Manufactum has a rapid manufacture process to fulfill large orders. We definitely won’t have a problem of there not being sufficient stock, I expect.

2 Likes

Actually, I would say 1st push extends the mechanism tip. The sleeve doesn’t move–it’s fixed to the tip. 2nd push extends lead and retraction is done by clicking the side button.

I have the brass version and it’s very nice. The brass doesn’t seem to have any kind of protective coating so it WILL tarnish in fairly short order, especially from your skin touching it (good idea to wipe off after a long session of writing, I suppose).

2 Likes

Noted!

1 Like

Those are fat-tipped markers, not pencils.

1 Like

Hi, I’d like to join. I’m getting the Brass and Aluminum. Thanks

3 Likes

Should we set a date for when we place the order?

To give everyone time how about July 5?
National Mechanical Pencil Day
Apparently a made up US holiday that I just learned about

8 Likes

I’m down with that

3 Likes

Works for me as well.

3 Likes

Works me for too!

2 Likes

I’m interested in getting one in black, thanks!

4 Likes
Brass Aluminum Black
Pdunc67 X X X
atxalais
pearsonified X X X
Scribbler X X
TheLaw1989 X X
frcp X X
excalibur X

Any corrections or additions?
@Knockologist atxalais have you decided?

We need a volunteer who is willing to receive PayPal payments from everyone on this list, and be prepared to place the order w/ shipping to @Stu.

I guess each of us needs to build out your order to determine total cost w/ shipping costs to the volunteer. Then PayPal the state-side volunteer that amount?
I will, but only if nobody else can. Currently super busy at work and about to leave for a 2 week vacation and at least half that time I will be completely off the grid. (July 15-30).

4 Likes

Looks good on my end. I am moving on the 12th, I wouldn’t be able to handle logistics until after then.

2 Likes

@Pdunc67 brass

2 Likes

Updated:

Brass Aluminum Black
Pdunc67 X X
atxalais X
pearsonified X X X
Scribbler X X
TheLaw1989 X X
frcp X X
excalibur X

Justin @TheLaw1989 - are you volunteering to be our stateside representative? (Sounds very official).

When do you want to set the cutoff for sending money and placing the order?

2 Likes

I could, but I can’t do anything until after the movers come on the 12th and set up my office in my new house. My current house and office looks like a bomb went off.

2 Likes