What if Pentel brought back the original Quicker Clicker?

I have seen at least a couple of posts asking Pentel to bring back the original Quicker Clicker. If that were ever to happen, what new color(s) would you want to see? If Pentel made a pencil in your honor, what would it look like? (I’m thinking similar to the YouTuber with the Smash made in his honor.)

8 Likes

Go metallic? Bronx, Silver and Gold plus metal cone.

7 Likes

The transparent colors as seen on the Chill Time with Friends Orenz series. By far the best transparent colors Pentel has even produced. By far.

7 Likes

All mate black PD335.

3 Likes

I would prefer Brooklyn to Bronx but that’s a matter of personal opinion.

8 Likes

What’s going on here, is that a gold PD345?

1 Like

I’d like to see translucent copper, with a green oxidized push-button.

3 Likes

This just closed for under 2000 JPY.

But as you can see, it is badly discolored. Hard to tell if that’s sun fading or tar from cigarettes. If the latter, it would be a hopeless cause.

1 Like

It looks to be badly sun faded, then they pulled off the square sticker.

4 Likes

Sometimes a melamine sponge (those super dense white sponges) can bring back faded white to cleaner white, but I expect the degree of effort to remove the yellowing would likely cause the labeling to be badly worn off.

3 Likes

This is a bit off topic….but….speaking of melamine sponges, do yourself a favor and buy them in bulk off of eBay. So cheap. So so so cheap compared to the Magic Eraser prices.

There’s nothing better than feeling like you can use one whenever you want.

Also, while we’re here…buy microfiber towels in bulk off of eBay too. Having a whole bunch of towels you can use to clean up anything at anytime and not worried about ruining them is sooo freeing.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Ron.

3 Likes

It’s all good Thomas…and somewhat related.

The “gold” PD345 pictured in my original post (which it seems only @Heath noticed) started off as a solid blue PD345 pencil. It somehow got “sunburnt” (before I acquired it) and now looks to be more of a turquoise color. (See pics below.)

That was the pencil I chose to take apart. (And the date code couldn’t be read!) It didn’t go as smoothly as I had hoped, and the pencil body ended up with a few scuffs, scratches, and bumps to the plastic. (Then the same thing happened to my hands when I went to put it back together!)

So, I decided to paint it with some acrylic paint pens that my wife and kids have used to paint rocks. That stuff didn’t stick very well at all, so I wiped it off with a paper towel. The fumes (which I couldn’t actually detect) must have had an effect on me, because the pencil seemed shinier and prettier after I took off the paint and I almost kept it that way. (I wish I would have taken a picture.)

So, next I tried some spray paint. The first go around with white primer looked really good. The following day I sprayed with the gold paint. That also looked good. When I started removing the painter’s tape, a small portion got messed up. Then I messed the paint job up in several more areas while I was attempting to reattach everything. (I thought I had also messed up the click mechanism as well, but it’s still working.)

What I had read in regard to the paint stated that I didn’t need to use a clearcoat, but perhaps that would have helped things. Either that, and/or I should have used some fine grit sandpaper on the plastic body before I applied the primer. Perhaps if I let the paint dry for a week that might also have helped create a more durable surface. I’m not sure if I will try this all again though.

But, the mention of the melamine sponge has me wondering what effect, if any, it would have on the sunburnt plastic or for removing the paint on my “gold” QC.

5 Likes

So, do you mean like taking the clip off a solid black PD345 and replacing it with the clip from a smoke PD335 or black PD355?

1 Like

Metallic versions of the 7 colours of the quickcolour series in solid and transparent barrels. Sold individually with price stickers and together in a collector’s tin.

I’m also going to hijack this thread a little bit. I won a blue, yellow and olive PD345 in an auction recently (5 bucks!!!) but the olive version is missing an eraser and all 3 are missing the eraser caps.

If anyone knows where I might acquire some spare parts, I’d be happy to pay or trade. Long shot, but if you don’t have a hook in the water, etc etc.

3 Likes

8 Likes

I’ve previously bought eraser refills with spare metal eraser collars from officeworks in Australia.

Not sure if there’s a collar in that pack.

The caps on the other hand… I’ve never seen them sold separately, sorry.

1 Like

Thank you, sir!

2 Likes

If shipping from the states to you is reasonable I’ll send you everything you need.

2 Likes

That would be amazing, man. I‘ll DM you!

1 Like