UCHIDA E-type: Mission Accomplished

My E-type journey started in 2016. The green specimen in original triangular box cost me a princely 4890 yen or thereabouts. I watched as a blue and a gold specimen went off to other lucky buyers. Over the years, I managed to get hold of a gold version for just under 8,000 yen. I shall not dwell on the price of the blue… which really doesn’t turn up all that often.

8 Likes

these are amazing. Are these hard to find? I’ve been looking for weeks, and have yet to see a single one for sale.

5 Likes

The gold and green last turned up for around 25-30,000 yen. Like I said, the blue is even rarer.

5 Likes

No idea how well these might function, but they have style well taken care of!

2 Likes

Mardi Gras colors! My style!

3 Likes

Around 2-3 months ago there were some auctions that you could obtain the three of them. The final value was very high. I suggest monitoring on YAJ and mercari (also, there was a gold one in mercari some months ago, around 25000yen)

I think this was one of the bests designs of a MP, the grip looks like old chinese jewelry.

4 Likes

Love it! Thank you

1 Like

I have the green and gold… but missed the blue. I kept getting outbid at prices a good bit above what I paid for the other two… so I eventually gave up. There’s a red version too, but not an “E”. It’s a similar design variant, the KN.

3 Likes

Check out drifand’s full Uchida collection here: https://forum.knockology.com/t/my-uchida-collection-is-done/

5 Likes

This might be of interest to you:

3 Likes

Thank you. I feel like that’s a great price but I am going to have to pass. I’ve pretty much spent everything I have budgeted for this month (and next) on some Pilot hi-mecha pencils.

Hopefully it won’t get scooped up too soon.

And thanks for pointing this out, I was carelessly overlooking those sets, as I did not see the included pencils!

3 Likes

I may be able to figure out a way to make this happen. But I can’t get into a bidding war over this. Do you think this is a good price? I don’t know how much you pay for convenience, but how often do you see all three colors at once. that has to be worth something to impatient people like me lol.

3 Likes

Thanks. Yes, this amazing set of pictures is the cause of my current collection madness :face_with_spiral_eyes:

3 Likes

I think it is a fair price considering the whole set, the last gold one I saw went around for 25-30k, so 3x, would be around 75-90k for the three of them.

4 Likes

I used to like watching @Heath spend his money. You’re my new entertainment. Let’s go!! :rocket: :moneybag:

8 Likes

This is amazing: all 3 E-types in one fell swoop. The price is high but in aggregate, it’s actually quite reasonable considering the average closing bids. Especially when you consider the apparent rarity of the blue/indigo version.

7 Likes

I agree. If I didn’t have the gold and green, I’d be very tempted.

3 Likes

Score!

So happy this is going in the collection.
Thanks for the heads up.

9 Likes

:tada: congrats!

2 Likes

The collection grows, congratulations!

2 Likes