UCHIDA E-type: Mission Accomplished

Make this your photography pet project… find new ways to shoot this trio of gems!

5 Likes

So do you take them out of their original home or leave them in the box?

The struggle is real.

3 Likes

Right now my collection is stored in four of these 5 drawer units (20 drawers) stacked next to each other. I ripped out the dividers and lined them with self adhesive felt pads.

I like looking at my pencils a bit, so the Uchida pencils and assorted accoutrement will probably occupy their own drawer.

If you go nuts you can cram about 19 Kerry’s in a drawer. Edit: more if you add horizontal pieces.

Edit: Toolbox light Jr. ?

6 Likes

BTW, anyone know what this is?
(It’s in one of the photos with the Uchida set.)

3 Likes

Compass adjusting key/tool.

6 Likes

Congratulations!!! Enjoy!

3 Likes

Congrats! They are beautiful writing instruments to behold. Nothing else quite like them. Elegant!

3 Likes

Thanks Gary.

Hey @drifand (or anyone :laughing:) do you know when these were sold and distributed?

3 Likes

My estimate is mid 1970’s to early 1980’s, based on the packaging designs.

3 Likes

Congrats on the set patrick :smile:
I’d definitely leave them in the box if I were you. The boxed set looks amazing and you can use that drawer space for other pencils.

3 Likes

I am using the same drawers currently with a roll of drawer liner and I love them. I got the idea from you actually so thank you!

5 Likes

There are some misplaced pencils in this set :joy:

4 Likes

Someone did a nasty-swap thingy. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

I think this is par for the course. Locals would have first dibs at a full set of Drawing Sharps and likely discarded the rest of the perfectly fine instruments. Instead, they swap in some spare pencils and try to maximise the resale value.

3 Likes