The Daily Grab photo archive

It will in 65 years, though.

2 Likes

holy smoke - that interrupted knurling is amazing.
Can you please share the model numbers on these?
(need to ad to my search list)

3 Likes

Tokyu Hands P1035

4 Likes

I think the Tokyu Hands model might be the toughest. I’ve seen it only twice in auction markets. First time I was outbid… and the next time, I got it cheaper than the first guy. That was over 2 years ago. I admit, I’m not a Kerry hunting fiend, but I do look periodically.

Is the silver transparent Kerry really harder to find than the gold one? If so, that’s nice to know (I have 3 of them!).

5 Likes

Lately, the Tokyu Hands Kerry has been selling for ¥7800. Keep on eye open and one will hit the market soon. I see them fairly often

2 Likes

Thanks. I guess my criteria might have a flaw then.

3 Likes

I see them most when searching Mercari just for ぺんてる Kerry.

2 Likes

I find searching on Mercari precari. So many times when using compound criteria, rather than returning zero, they’ll just give you your criteria individually. I find YAJ searching much more powerful.

2 Likes

Agreed. I had to learn that over the years.

The only bulletproof criteria is to look through every single new listing on Mercari JP every day.

I’ve done this most days since April 2021, but man—anytime I can let a few weeks pass without looking at Mercari now feels like freedom :joy:

1 Like

Styx
:wink::smile:

3 Likes

Thanks to your post here, I have just now learned about the existence of a silver version “demonstrator Kerry”! Like yourself, I too would enjoy to add the whole 2023 special edition Korean Kerrys to my collection.

2 Likes

For those of us who weren’t lucky to score them when they came out……we. will. pay. :disappointed:

1 Like

Your DMC Delorian model used as pencil holder is a new kind of satisfying aesthetic to me!:heart:
What if a mechanical pencil line derived off that iconic car’s metal body panels?

3 Likes

The fact that you placed the Delorean from that photo makes me happy!

:thinking: a DMC themed pencil. I’d buy.

4 Likes

Yeah, they could put some kind of ornamentation inside the area around the spring to make it look like a flux capacitor. :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! :sweat_smile: On my part it was not hard for me to identify or place as I think my DOB is one of the days from the Back To The Future films. As a kid and older I’ve developed an appreciation for the car’s aesthetic, and did not realize how unique or rare metal panels like the Delorian’s really are. There could be many different potential writing-tool models. But one I would ideally like to see are quality built/machined metal mechanical pencils with bodies consisting of the same metal surface and grain as the car. There are many steels out there but I have not seen many that play with light in the same way the metal of the Delorian does. (Would not even need to be officially licensed or touch the intellectual property of the films. Just have it start with playing around with the Delorian’s aesthetic & materials first.) There could be a few with gull-wing doors that hinge open as a clip/roll-stop. Another design could play around with the colors of the vehicle’s lights in a fashion similar to how Pentel has used see-through, colored polymers on their p20x/Orenz series or chunkier as the Pilot s5 has done in some of their models?

1 Like

Perhaps go even nerdier with it and install a real capacitor or voltaic cell chargeable through any wireless device charger? Place into the body some yellow/amber l.e.d.s powered by the cell or capacitor. It would then become a real flux-capacitor as E.M. flux is a concept through which newer things like Apple’s magnetic chargers operate and convey electric charge.

The best thing they could have done with the DeLorean would have been to go to Japan in the 60s and 70s and come back with thousands of pencils, but no, they used it to saving the world… :confused:

2 Likes

Can somebody help clear something up for me? Why are some Kerry’s labeled with a “5”?
I mean I guess it’s obvious that most of them are somewhat special in some form or fashion, but I was just wondering what the significance was with the labeling.

4 Likes