Taking Apart a Quicker Clicker

I know I have seen pictures of an original Pentel Quicker Clicker taken apart, but I have never done it myself. Any tips on doing it without causing any damage? Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

The knock button comes out easily. You can use your teeth to do it.

The top clip comes off with a little force. You can slightly heat it up with a heat gun to loosen it a bit. You can find the date code on the body where the clip was.

The other components are a bit trickier to remove but the same approach can be taken.

Pro tip: the size of the hole at the top to insert the extra lead can also help determine the year, just like the green to white eraser can.

5 Likes

Manā€¦ a video is whatā€™s needed!! I have never taken apart a QC either.

3 Likes

Now youā€™re talking! I could have sworn Iā€™ve seen some pics somewhere, but donā€™t know where that was. But a video would be awesome. (Youā€™re doing it right now, right Thomas?) I actually just searched through your tweets drifand since I thought perhaps it was one of your posts where I had also seen it.

3 Likes

$5 says @Heath is making a video as we speak.

1 Like

Will need some close-ups of that ā€˜teethā€™ action! :grimacing:

4 Likes

I donā€™t recommend using your teeth but let me see what I can come up with here.

4 Likes

9 Likes

I donā€™t have a stand to record hands free, so hereā€™s the 5 picture version due to upload limit.

I use a newer tip which gives you a better grip to pull the clutch out.

6 Likes

Thank you! Although I canā€™t (CANNOT) believe you have one with a rubber grip! For shame! Kidding! Actually, I think it would be a good idea for me to practice with a newer one! :smile:

Does the same method work for the PD335 & PD355 pencils?

4 Likes

Thanks Heath! Iā€™m going to have to do some playing around when I get a moment.

3 Likes

Yes but the clip part is harder since you canā€™t relieve the compression. For those, Iā€™ll put the cap over the end so I can push and pull and you can work it a little back and forth until off.

4 Likes

Awesome, thanks Heath! Does everything pop back in nicely and itā€™s pretty much the same as before pulling it apart?

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s all press fit and goes back without issue.

I assume you know the date code for these is under the clip?

3 Likes

I had heard that, but I have never pulled one apart to actually see it. Iā€™m assuming the date code will match the code printed on the box, yes?

Bookmarked under ā€˜Teeth Methodā€™ :+1:

4 Likes

Chipped my tooth on the first try!

IMG_2428

9 Likes

You fell for it!

6 Likes

Great video ā€“ also good to see you, Thomas! :blush:

Btw, do you like the rubber grip PD345? I didnā€™t at firstā€¦ as the ā€œfinsā€ are bit deeper than Iā€™d like. I prefer a more shallow grip. But itā€™s not bad.

5 Likes

Thereā€™s only one thing I hate more in life than the rubber grip Quicker Clicker.

7 Likes