Pilot Unknown Model

I’ve had this pencil for a while now, but never knew what model it is. Tried Google, searching the subreddit as well without any luck. What do you guys think it is?

• Uses 0.3mm
  • Sliding sleeve tip
  • Grip similar to that of the Pentel Injecto
  • The main barrel is extremely lightweight, so I’d consider it having an aluminum body

3 Likes

I have this same pencil and its 0.5 companion. No clue about a model number, but two design features stand out to me:

• As far as I know, this is Pilot’s only executive sliding-sleeve tip, and it only appeared on this model and the Volex series (identified by 2 thin black stripes around the middle of the barrel).

• The barrel stepdown at the end cap is also rare among Pilot executives; it only appears on this model, the Volex, and two other elevated designs (silver + gold accents and matte black + gold accents).

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. Our last bet to identify them would be through a catalog, but don’t think they’re widely available as the Pentel ones. Bummer.

1 Like

I have a 1988 catalog, but most of these executives are not in it. I suspect they were manufactured and sold—and subsequently discontinued—before 1988.

A 1980 Pilot catalog would be a tremendous find!

2 Likes

Holy smokes, can’t believe what I’m seeing here!

4 Likes

I’ve never seen F-43 before, but I would pay a king’s ransom for it!

2 Likes

Helluva find! That catalog looks great. :exploding_head:

1 Like

Wow wow wow! Model numbers for the Elite, pinstripe etched and 3-color multipen :+1:t2:

2 Likes

In America, the pinstripe etched was sold with an H-1505 sticker, but that doesn’t match up with what we see here.

Also, how do you read that model number? I’m thinking it’s HMF-250SK.

Curious, have you scanned your 1988 catalog? Willing to share a PDF?

1 Like

I still need to upload the PDF to this forum. Coming soon!

2 Likes

That is good news, Pilot history is a lot tougher than Pentel to dig up…

1 Like