Interchangeable cones on Staedtler 770 19 and Faber-Castell 9719

Did you know that the cones on these two are basically the same, except for the position where the 3 grooves denoting 0,9 were cut. Swapped them around, they work flawlessly. Both pencils are the oldest version from their respective product lines.

I don’t have them in other lead sizes, would be nice if anyone here could check if they are swappable in 0,3/5/7.

I am aware of OEMs and plenty of identical pencils sold under different brands on different markets, plus visually different pencils with the same guts like these ones:

But I never expected it to happen on flagship products of two large brands competing on the same market.

7 Likes

Whilst both Staedtler and FC are/were manufacturers they probably never made everything 100% in-house. Pocket clips, cones, etc were probably bought from external suppliers, in this case probably the same supplier.

2 Likes