If you were to pick a Spoke Roady, which one would it be?

I’ve had my eye on eventually picking up a Spoke-Design Roady. I really like the overall design that Brian Conti created. My wish would be to get one in the “Gecko” colorway, but he made that only on the Roady 1… and doesn’t know when he’d introduce it on the Roady 2.

Gecko:

I’m caught in a toss-up between the ICEE and the Curaçao. Thoughts?

Roady 2 - Curaçao

Roady 2 - ICEE

On the one hand, the blue/red contrast of the ICEE is quite eye catching, but then… the Curaçao has this nice play on blue shades which I think is more sophisticated.

4 Likes

The ICEE reminds me of my favorite Spoke

your right - that Gecko is really nice looking

3 Likes

Is that the Spoke 6?

I noticed that Spoke Design is out of stock on all Spoke 5 and 6… but now the 4 has been introduced with the knurled grip.

3 Likes

Yes. It’s a 6

2 Likes

I can’t really tell much of a difference between the 4 and 6… other than some slight aesthetic differences (length of grip, how slots are drilled, and grip offerings). Do you have both models?

3 Likes

I vote ICEE all the way.

1 Like

4 beats the hell out of 6, IMO

2 Likes

I have 4s and 6s. On mine the grips are removable (interchangeable) on the 6s. The 4s are fixed (assuming a lock tight or similar bond).

What I appreciate the most is the ability to shift the balance point by picking different metal tips. For example, aluminum, brass, titanium.
The aluminum body with titanium grip makes a well balanced pencil.

1 Like

We need capped mechanical pencils!

C’mon Spoke. I know you’re reading this.

Puhhhlease.

Take my monkey.

10 Likes

That was supposed to be “take my money” not monkey. I’m keeping him. He’s mine.

:hear_no_evil:

9 Likes

Spoke are never gonna make it now till you give up the monkey.

2 Likes

Never. I worked hard for the monkey.

3 Likes

Or is the monkey working hard for you? :thinking:

1 Like

I make him write unit tests. He hates me.

4 Likes

You’re living in the last century bro! I replaced mine with ChatGPT.

2 Likes

I got him 13 years ago. I can’t replace him now. And if I strip him from his duties he’ll have no sense of purpose.

Ever seen a monkey with no sense of purpose? It’s like watching a cat manage a dog daycare. Utter chaos and fur flying.

5 Likes

But that’s exactly what we want to see. Flying fur is entertaining!

1 Like

And what does this mean? What do you know? We gonna die??

1 Like

Clearly the AI apocalypse is coming since we’re replacing monkeys with chatbots.

1 Like

I did no such thing. It’s you. You’re to blame. Shame on you.

Now you must send me a Dive. Pronto.

3 Likes