If you were to pick a Spoke Roady, which one would it be?

Another difference between the 4 & 6, is that the 4 is press-fit together, so you cannot change it. The Spoke 6 screws together, so once you have several versions you can mix and match.

Another difference is due to the 4 being older. There are lots more variations in color and grip.

I have a collection of Spokes all the way back to the Spoke dot one.

4 Likes

Lol! Guilty as charged. It’s up to you and the monkey to save us all now.

1 Like

Oh we’re all screwed now.

All the monkey does on his free time is throw feces and chase caterpillars.

:wave: :earth_americas:

Sorry for hijacking your thread, @cytherian.

1 Like

The monkey did it. This is what you get for teaching him to type.

1 Like

I came over to Knockology and saw 20 replies in my alert pop-up… and I’m like, WTH?
Nah. Gotta be Knockologist started a theme war of some kind. :crazy_face::joy:

I wonder what career possibilities there are in AI application (forget about programming… way above my head). It’s a fascinating realm, but inherently… everything that involves a human is on a countdown timer to replacement.

2 Likes

My work is in this field, and we’re not even close to substituting humans at the rate we’re needing them to advance and integrate these technologies.

My main focus is in creating private, high-speed, low-latency edge networks for sectors such as security, robotics, smart cities, AR/VR, gaming, healthcare, automation, etc. Across the industry, there’s a demand for service integrators, installers, product managers, sales and marketing personnel, trainers, legal experts, ethicists, researchers, and support teams.

While AI will change the job landscape, it won’t eliminate jobs—just transition them. There are already a plethora of new roles emerging because of AI. Importantly, many of these roles will be accessible to non-technical individuals. This will be a growing space for those without a tech background to contribute and thrive.

While AI is on track to reshape our world, it’s going to be a significant while before it majorly supplants human effort. We’re witnessing not a reduction, but a shift in job opportunities, inclusive of both technical and non-technical roles.

6 Likes

Similar to early introduction of robotics in assembly lines. While some workers became replaceable, it opened up entirely new high paying career opportunities for others.

4 Likes

I’d really love to chat with you about this. Very fascinating area of computer science. I’ve been thinking about what I could do to prepare for a career shift into this, if at all possible without having to have an advanced degree in it specifically.

Good to hear your close-proximity take on AI. While in some cases you definitely see replacement… just look at Waymo! Uber and Lyft will be out of business if they don’t adopt as quickly as the Alphabet company. But it does sound like this is more of an exception.

3 Likes

Everybody’s got something to hide. (Except for me and my monkey.)

1 Like