I have so much built up rage right now

For 3 days I have been searching all online stores, and because I am a brain damaged person it never occurred to me to search online with Japanese translation. Because with English search you can not see any of these results. I also called all the local stores and they did not have a clue about this royal blue anniversary model. So yeah now all I can do is watch scalpers sell it for 4000yen and gradually 6000 and 9000 yen towards the next month’s and die slowly.

4 Likes

I will join your painful journey since I was not aware of the new LE. :wink:

4 Likes

I cannot stand highly opportunistic scalpers. It’s one thing to pick up a couple extra to resell, but when you purposefully hoard to do it… @#$%&!. It’s what happened with the Kuru Toga Dive.

2 Likes

Amazon jp and Rakuten are soul sucking. I have withdrawn from Amazon prime recently because I just could not get my hands on anything newly launched at the list price. It was just causing a lot of agitation.

1 Like

Shared by others on X

https://item.rakuten.co.jp/art-and-craft-lab/r-std-rb/

1 Like

Thank you, edit: I reserved it! Holy moly! Thanks man!

1 Like

I think MP is sold out now, but thanks anyway!

3 Likes

forgive the ignorant question, but why are Staedtler pencils made in Japan? Who is the OEM for these, and is the mechanism also used by other brands?

1 Like

Is Twitter like the best heads-up about new listings of limited release mechanical pencils?

Also, if history of past limited releases by Staedtler is any indication, is it likely this one will appear periodically on Rakuten?

2 Likes

Nowadays only models of the 925 line are “made” by STAEDTLER.jp, quotation marks because some are actually manufactured in Thailand. It’s unclear why it is like this but this began in the late 70s, since at least 1978, STAEDTLER’s Japanese subsidiary has models that are only sold by them such as the STAEDTLER Chubster 9710, and STAEDTLER lead holder 779 05, pictured below (1978 catalog), later renamed to STAEDTLER 779 15 – 2004/5 Japanese catalog – and also available internationally nowadays as graphite 779 05, appears internationally for the first time in the 1996 catalog.

1978 Japanese catalog and 1996 catalog.

2004/5 Japanese catalog.

Chubster

The OEM is unknown but it could be Kotobuki, STAEDTLER has worked with them in the past.

Yes, the mechanism of 925 25/35 is found in the Platinum Pro Use (MSD-1500B), most parts are actually interchangeable, you can use the grip or body of 925 25/35 in MSD-1500B and vice versa.

EDIT: You can find the rest of the catalogs and download them in PDF format in STAEDTLER catalog scans 1980-2022, you can also find some from the 60s and 70s in the listings I posted in Potential Catalog Leads: Staedtler 1969 and 1978?.

8 Likes

Excellent – thanks for providing this!

2 Likes

Looks like one is available here https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/shopping/bunsute_9253505-rb/category/?conversionType=service_page_search

3 Likes

It was sorted😅 . I paid extra for this one but the reserved one was bought at the list price. And the Royal blue is quite nice actually.

10 Likes

All sold out, but thanks!

1 Like

I hope more pop up. Have to keep a quick eye out. These sure go fast!

(For anyone confused, this is homage to the ending scene of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off)

6 Likes

Does anybody know a proxy working with yodobashi? they have some things as sole provider, but reject working together with at least buyee and fromjapan …