First trial of 3d designs (software- Rhino)

13 Likes

These look great! I want that third piece from left (or third from top) :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Thank you, I want to make a lot more ideas in the near future. Hopefully learn in the process, correct all the proportional flaws. And possibly 3d print one or two.

3 Likes

Thoughts on internals?

3 Likes

I knew I wanted to base the dark purple one of the right corner on the kokuyo mistral body knock mechanism. In my 3d file I included the similar joint near the silver ring in the middle. All others are undecided. But in the later exploration, I want to think more realistically. If you have any suggestions I am all ears.

W. I. P. Experiments

7 Likes

I like the faceted grip. Looks really interesting. And it minimizes “grit grab,” which is a problem with knurling and other slotted types of grips, as in the 2nd example shown here (would be very hard to clean out debris trapped in those tiny grooves)

1 Like

Originally I wanted to create just an etched or a printed pattern for the type 2. But I rushed the end result just made it hollow. Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

Reminds me of archi

2 Likes

Was trying to mix the archi and Hi mecha styles. But needs many more iterations for something substantial.

Retro

6 Likes

I like both of these!

2 Likes

Nothing much original here but still trying.

6 Likes

New generic pencil ideas.

7 Likes

The blue tip one (bottom in the first photo) looks like a nice, coherent design. I’d buy it if it was real.

1 Like

New generic stuff

4 Likes

:cherries: w.i.p.

4 Likes

Middle one looks like a killer double-knock :fire:

2 Likes

I will update it to look more like a double knock type.

2 Likes

The top one looks to me like a double-knock.

For the bottom one, I’m thinking it might work well to narrow the forward body tube. Kind of like this:

5 Likes