Almost done with my PILOT hi-mecha

If I can find a decent H-3005 I think I can call this “done”. no plans at this time to even bother with a H-5005

12 Likes

Excellent, Patrick!
I hate to break it to you but…

H-2103, H-2105

But they are kind of the odd-man out. No engraving, but black metal knurling instead.

11 Likes

Love it. Thanks Gary.

8 Likes

Sheeeeiiiiitttt, your specimens are AWESOME. I don’t have any with stickers :weary:

4 Likes

IMO, the H-2103/5 are the best of this series.

And the Gentleman Young double-knock is the best piece Pilot ever made :triumph:

(I don’t count the H-5005 as a real piece :joy:)

4 Likes

Thank you. I’ve been holding out, looking for NOS or as close as I can get to it.

5 Likes

So is the H-1083,1084,1085 in the same family?

3 Likes

Technically, no. These are part of a standard drafting pencil category for PILOT. I believe distribution was much wider and longer than for the double-knock hi-mecha.

2 Likes

I only consider the double-knocks a family because [1] they’re double-knocks and [2] they have escalating model numbers, so the relationship is fairly easy to see.

With the non-double-knock drafters, I take a slightly different approach based on aesthetics (and mainly tip design):

• H-58X, H-108X, and H-208X are a family
  • H-56X, H-109X are a family
  • H-100X, H-200X, H-300X, Automatic, and H-5005 are a family
4 Likes

Does the Automac fit in here anywhere?

The H-XX8X family also includes the H-1585, easily the most interesting and in my opinion the best of them.

The Automatics (0.3 and 0.5) are actually considered a separate series.

4 Likes

Automacs are a separate series - automatic pencils with a conical tip for writing. These consist of the E, E 500 and the recent double knock Automac (although you could argue that these are separate)

2 Likes

Time to show off my most proud collection!

19 Likes

These are all so good looking! Let me know if you need to free up any space! :joy:

4 Likes

Oh. My. God. That’s an H-5005

1 Like

Two of them! And three Automatic 0.3s, which are even rarer.

6 Likes

https://buyee.jp/mercari/item/m18708102823

is 25,599 yen a “good” price for a (new?) H-2103?

EDIT: for a NOS it looks the the red PILOT has faded on the sticker. Is that normal?

1 Like

That’s the best price for a stickered piece you’re ever likely to see again. If I had a proxy open, I would have bought it and then replied to your post :joy:

One thing to remember right now: We’re dealing with an unprecedented exchange rate in our favor. To quibble over ¥3000–¥5000 is to lose bigly.

3 Likes

thanks Chris. I just bought it. :star_struck:

3 Likes

OK dammit - NOW i’m done with my PILOT Hi-Mecha collection :blush:

5 Likes