Yet another pencil aficionado

Hi everyone,

Although I’ve been lurking for a while and have already posted a few things I’d like to introduce myself briefly.

I’m Gunther from Germany and I like pencils, both woodcased and mechanical. The first mechanical pencils I really enjoyed were cheap propelling pencils I got in 1974 (I still have them), and my first “real” mechanical pencil was the STAEDTLER Microfix S 0.5 773 05 that I used for 18 years. Later others followed and it didn’t take long for the situation to escalate so that recently I felt it necessary to downsize my collection which also includes drafting tools, advertisement material, catalogues, books, and the usual stuff.

I pursue my interest in pencils and everything that goes with them mainly in my personal, non-commercial weblog at www.lexikaliker.de (I hope this self-promotion is allowed).

I’m afraid I’m more of a hoarder than a collector, and sometimes I think I live in a stationery shop where I’m the only customer. However, I have no intention of changing that.

I’m very pleased about the variety, the expertise and the friendly tone in this forum and hope that I can make a contribution.

Gunther

13 Likes

Hi Gunther!

There is a fine line between collecting and hoarding. Either way, you are welcome here!

5 Likes

Welcome @Gunther! I believe I came across your page before while browsing Bleistift Blog some years ago. Always good to have more quality contributions to the knowledge pool :+1:t2:

5 Likes

Hello!

4 Likes

Great that you decided to register here!

4 Likes

Welcome!

4 Likes

Welcome aboard the stationery express, and thanks for stepping out of the shadows and into the spotlight!

4 Likes

Welcome Gunther! I’ve used your blog a lot in the past to find information regarding German brands or just for reading during my free time. I hope you enjoy your time here!

5 Likes

Hello Gunther! Welcome!

4 Likes

Gruß dich, Gunther - great to have you here! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Gunther is from Hessen iirc, so it’s
„Gude Gunther!“ :wink:

3 Likes

Very interesting weblog.

1 Like

@2nd_astronaut That fits! :laughing:

Thanks to all of you!