WTB Pentel Box (T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶x̶t̶)

Longshot, but it doesn’t hurt to ask. I am looking to buy a Pentel SV5 box. The goal is to store all my SV/SG pencils that do not come in their cases. (I could get myself a 24-slot pencil case from Amazon, but storing them in a proper box would be way cooler. :stuck_out_tongue: ) If you have one/see one in the wild, hit me up.

Image reference:

3 Likes

I have only ever seen the 2 boxes.
https://jp.mercari.com/item/m77555973357
https://twitter.com/newmansuper2/status/1673656192906690562

I have never seen an SV box.

I want to find a box of the SG45s or whatever they really are.

1 Like

I’ve purchased from that Mercari seller months ago. Even though they mention the box was not for sale, I kick myself for at least not asking through the proxy. Those boxes in the tweet are in great shape.

1 Like

If the pictures from the Mercari seller were with that sticker on the pencil, then those were pre-76, and this box probably did not have the JIS emblem or sticker on it, like the Twitter box does. The Twitter box was probably printed before 1976, but sold later, since they stuck the JIS sticker on it.

1 Like

Yes, the Mercari seller had sold me pre-76 SV5s. One of the SV5 pencils I received had an eraser cap the Scepters carry. Pretty neat.

1 Like

That cap was originally used on the SV from the 1970 one-sheet that did not have any size markings on it.

Pencils 1, 3, 4 & 16 all have that cap (SV no markings, P1005, P1007 & early SV with markings).

6 Likes

From left to right pencil 8, is it the SG7 v1? =D

Yes, it is. I finally managed to get hold of one. As soon as the SG45D Green arrives and fills the hole above, I will have at least 1 generation of all known Excalibur, SV/SG & Scepter pencils.

I suspect that there is a Japanese SG5 that has not been seen in recent years, that is their version of the SG7.

2 Likes

How’d you get yours? Bought it off from the reddit user? I’ve been hunting for that Excalibur variant, best looking in my opinion. :ok_hand:

It popped up on eBay a month or so ago, and I jumped on it.

1 Like