What is your holy grail?

Thank you—that’s a ridiculously awesome pencil.

1 Like

I get around the issue by googling “site: https://aucfree.com/items/x639358837” and then choose to look at the cached copy.

3 Likes

^ this (post must be 20 characters)

2 Likes

You can use this https://cachedview.com/

4 Likes

And that is the Silver version that was (I believe) ¥10000 new.

2 Likes

That’s great, didn’t know about that one!

2 Likes

Archi Version K

3 Likes

In fact I also only have the one result for PXN105. PXN205 is at H5005 level. Here for completeness is my Excalibur track record:

Excalibur PXE5 11700, 18000, 11000, 16760 (mit pentel pecker), 17000, 53010, 24000, 20300, 25000, 23500
Excalibur PXE105 (silber kanneliert, 10kY) 99000
Excalibur PXE155 (silber mit Goldbeschlägen) 67001, 350000, 136000
Excalibur PXE205 (gold) 29600, 20500, 73001, 122000 (zusammen mit Kuli RXE206)
Excalibur PXN105 511000 (Excalibur silber mit Technomatic)
Excalibur PXN205 951000

3 Likes

Can’t believe I’m seeing a new-to-me pencil in October 2022, but here we are. The Archi K-type is funky fa sho! I’m not sure I’ve ever seen one of these for sale (if I have, I didn’t know what I was looking at).

3 Likes

I’ve seen only one for sale, and it’s not long ago:

Archi YS3000 76000, 75000, 85000 (3 Kulis), 80000 (2 Kulis+1Tintenroller), 100337 (MP+BP+RB), 54000, 55000, 68050, 73000
Archi Y2 0.5 858000, 750000, 111010 (8000JPY-Version), 70075 (5000JPY-Version)
Archi K 0.5 281800 (Archi-Konvolut)

You can see at the price development of the Y2, that it was not for sale for a looong time, so the first 2 auction results were insane.

3 Likes

I got a chill… and thought man, are you ghosting me? :rofl:

You ran through pretty much my grail lineup. Pilot Automatic, H-5005… which I’ve basically realized I’ll never own unless I get very lucky with a lottery surprise auction.

You’ll probably hate me for admitting this, but I’ve got 3 Young double-knocks, and at one point had 7 ProTex twist-knocks (now just 3 after having stupidly sold off a few to pay for my 6 lot auction win). And the ProTex is probably my all-time favorite.

I’ve only ever seen 2 of those Mitsubishi Jaguar etched steel double-knocks, and I’ve been looking for vintage Mitsubishi Jaguar MP pretty regularly for years. One I lost, because I didn’t know what the value was at the time (it sold for $200 USD). The 2nd one I got for just a little less than the first one, thankfully. I wish they weren’t so rare, because I just can’t get myself to use it.

Although I have a Faber Castell alphamatic, it’s not quite the one I wanted. It’s navy blue. I want the bronze model. But bidding is always fierce and I’ve not gotten lucky with a weaker bidding pool, as yet. The Executive Alphamatic with gold accents is gorgeous, but I know I’ll never own one because they’re just stupid expensive now.

Ultimately, I really would like a Pentel QX PN305. Xiao’s writeup makes it so attractive. That mechanism is something Pentel won’t ever revisit. It’s too complex and expensive. So the QX is a rare beauty beneath the skin (kind of ugly on the surface though). At least having an Orenz Nero “feels” kind of like a QX vibe.

Btw, congrats on winning those 3 Mitsubishi Copper double-knocks. I have to admit, I was going to bid, but when I saw you were really serious I backed off. :wink: :grin:

2 Likes

Thank goodness. “Breaking knees in Jersey” was not on my to-do list this month, and it would have been a real stretch to get up there.

With that said, these stainless steel Mitusbishi double-knocks have emerged for me as being right up there with the best of the best.

It’s pretty much these stainless steel pieces, the more elevated stainless steel double-knocks from Mitsubishi (which includes the elusive Jaguar), the PSD5/PWP15, and the Pilot Automatic and Pilot H-5005 as the most awesome and durable double-knocks ever.

Still need a gold Grandee Priere, too, tho :grin:

Update: The rOtring Tikky Metallic double push is a hell of a pencil, and so is the all-metal Staedtler Retro. Having any of these pieces is an instant credibility booster.

2 Likes

Is this too much to stomach for a badass alphamatic?

I chanced on a Retro Deluxe waaaaay back when I was scouring the Staedtler catalog scans on leadholder.com (RIP) and started hunting on eBay. All-metal double-knocks is the best way to do it.

1 Like

I think you’re the only one here who owns this piece (unless @2nd_astronaut also has one, which wouldn’t surprise me at all). You know if Ray Lau has one?

Ray is super silent. He really doesn’t say much. I’ve tried to chat but nothing came out of it.

2 Likes

That’s hilarious—he’s so silent, he doesn’t even comment on his own social media posts when others ask questions :joy:

Dude maybe has the best collection in the entire world, tho :woman_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

Leadholder.com is gone but not forgotten: Leadholder - The Drafting Pencil Museum

1 Like

Retro P1050670 | Retros & friends | 2nd_astronaut | Flickr (no, don’t sell, sorry).

3 Likes

Heck yeah, that’s great—you’ve got the Retro Deluxe on lockdown!