We need a “real“ green 600

We really need this.

5 Likes

Rotring 600 ectoplasm edition

4 Likes

Oh man. That would be amazing. I love collabs.

2 Likes

I’d like to see a two-tone release. There’s a primary color, but then alternating flat sides of the hexagon would feature another color. Either a slightly different shade, or another color altogether. But that might be a bit too costly for them to make.

I’d really like a Java purple.
https://w7.pngwing.com/pngs/591/890/png-transparent-java-mobile-phones-programmer-technologysample-miscellaneous-purple-logo.png

3 Likes

My purple 600 needs to become a reality.

3 Likes

Rotring needs to go more daring with their limited editions and colours, I want an alternating black and white barrel, I want a quattro finish style Rotring, I want…

4 Likes

I don’t disagree with them being somewhat conservative with the standard production colors and allowing for their account exes to cut some deals for unique colors for their stores. Being in the corporate world I get this.

3 Likes

A Beetlejuice pencil!

2 Likes

You may not like it but this is what peak design looks like

I actually like it… TOMBOW Mono has the same idea, but white and blue.

1 Like

I have yet to see a nice rotring color other than black and silver… staedtler is at another level here. And I am still angry about making the yellow ugliness non-limited.
I would say the cyan nonble is the best so far…

5 Likes

Agreed. I have a couple of the yellow ones (both first and second editions) and it’s by far my least favorite color. The mint ice blue is easily the best. Maybe the best color (that’s not black or silver) on a mechanical pencil ever.

3 Likes

Agreed. That green they picked reminds me of my kids playdoh after they mixed all the colors.

4 Likes

I think the yellow LoFt version was a bit of a fiasco. Don’t these collaborations always feature a contracted limited inventory to be produced? Or perhaps in this case, since LoFt didn’t have enough yellow 600’s created, they opened a request to have more made and rOtring capitulated. And since the 2nd batch sold out so fast they figured, why not keep profiting? They sell for a decent bit over the plain silver model. And now, it’s like they keep “recharging” the inventory.

So now? It’s obviously not a limited release at all. I’ll bet those who ended up paying well over $100 USD for a rOtring yellow 600 LoFt release were really pissed to see the sluice gates open and make the pencil available for around $40 USD.

Of course, on the flip side… Uni and the Dive.

3 Likes

This is a different topic than atxalais wanting a cool green rr600, but in any case,

I think one of the most sketchy? for lack of a better word, things about “limited” releases in the mechanical pencil sphere is that there’s no way to check. In fountain pens, when there’s a limited release, the number of units is revealed and they are sold numbered. That should be the standard! The closest thing I can remember to that in the pencil sphere is the original Grand Blue Dive, for which only 5000 were made, although they aren’t numbered. Other than that, the production runs are not even revealed and for what we know, they may be unlimited (and just “limited” to where they are sold).

For example, my sharbo x TF12 is supposed to be a limited edition from 2018, but I bought it on amazon without much problems, and the ink cartridges on it (included in the sealed original package) are from a few years later. Which kind of limited edition is made over the span of many years? I think that’s a big lack of integrity on Zebra’s behalf.

And most limited editions are still done like that, because they sell. And I think that is fine as long as we see them as just “nice colors” and not collector items. For example, I really like my Sharbo TF12, like the construction quality is truly great, so I’m not pissed about it, but if I wanted it as a collector item I would be pissed.

5 Likes

Ever since Loft’s ‘limited’ Smash yellow was reissued, it should’ve become clear that ‘limited’ simply meant ‘only available through _________ store’. Unless… a specific quantity is mentioned in the press release, like the Staedtler Hexagonal blue, or the various Korean 925 35 releases.

5 Likes

Yeah. I totally get that. I’ve never been bothered about it. I’ve spent enough time in the corporate sales world to know how all of that works.

An account executive/sales rep for rOtring who manages the Loft account works with them. Each has ideas and goals. Example: if you order enough I bet I can get production to do a yellow 600. Etc etc. Contract signed.

2 Likes