Vintage Sakura sliding sleeve pencil

It’s an improvement for the Pentel Graph 1000 for Pro too :smiley:

8 Likes

Would be fun to post this on the Reddit sub, close-ups of the “naked grip” without rubber, and then see how many people get super excited and assume it’s a new release. :smirk::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

SPOKE x PENTEL!

3 Likes

Well, bespoke at the very least.

You guys are incorrigible. My kind of people.

Question: I say “guys” because I haven’t noticed anyone who’s presenting as female in this hobby so far. But that’s not really clear in the context of a discussion board.

I seem to have a lot of that in my life: most of my areas of interest are real sausagefests. The DIY hifi world I was deeply into in the past was so extreme in this regard, that trans women outnumbered cis women.

I need to do some flower arranging classes or something just to round out my world.

To be clear: I’m not cruising the internet looking for women. I just wonder what it is about me that I gravitate towards all these very male-dominated pursuits. I’m not entirely a “guys guy” - I have friends of all sorts of genders and orientations - but my hobbies? Seems like there’s a pattern here…

1 Like

Boy, you’re not kidding. Nice!

Just found the manual of ATS3000 on mercari :innocent:

Image_1709484580702

↓ Is this the unique function of ATS3000? I don’t remember other push-matic or full-auto mp has such thing

3 Likes

I have never heard this function before. After checking its corresponding/related patents, looks like some of them do mention this function.

But I can’t explain each function or principle mentioned in the patent here, it’s too complicated, I don’t have time to do that. Or even worse, maybe I just could never fully understand it

3 Likes

I don’t understand the feature, but I can say the mechanism is a bit different than e.g. alphamatics. There is a fixed part of the lead tube and a moving section which triggers the lead advance.

I understand that the pencil extends the lead beyond the length of the sleeve to prevent dragging, but it’s not entirely clear to me.

What the 2nd section of the manual says is that (roughly) when the pencil’s nose is pressed, the tip is retracted by 1mm, and when you remove the pressure, the lead will extend by 0.5mm. If you think this is not long enough, repeat it once.

So that’s to say, the push-matic system of ATS allows you control the extension length(at least 2 options) of the lead, although it is achieved by repeated pressing

Does any other automatic mp has this function? I don’t remember. I did hear that ATS can complete the entire push-matic operation without the lead pipe touching the paper surface. But for a long time I thought it’s just a literal or visual meaning, since whether the lead pipe touches the paper or not, you still need to break writing action and push it. If I’m not misunderstanding what the manual said, then I really underestimated the special significance of ATS

I know the rough principle of it, but nothing of the details. Will I ever figure it out one day? Who knows

2 Likes

I understand that, then can it realize the functions I mentioned in my last reply?
In addition, because the expression in the patent is slightly different from the actual product manual’s word, I would like to ask again, does the length of lead’s extention can be controlled by the stroke of the press operation? (Just as the patent says. But I may have misunderstood the patents though, since I haven’t read them in full) I mean by one single press operation

1 Like

3 Likes

Wth is the last but one page?!? :smiley: