USUS, we hardly knew ya

Alas, i spoke too soon. They have replied and prices are as follows:
@nidora @drifand @cytherian @JerryJerry

1 Like

Thanks again Stu! Id like to maybe get two of the usus.i crystal!! Let me know how we should proceed!

1 Like

Plus shipping feeļ¼Ÿ

I would go and collect them (theyā€™re based in my city), so no shipping fee.

Once I have them though, international postage is usually around 20 ā‚¬ - 25ā‚¬.

2 Likes

Stu, how do I pay you for the 3 colors of USUS pi toggle pens?

Just regular old PayPal. Iā€™ll send each buyer a DM :saluting_face:

I would like to buy 3 usus pi. When should I pay youļ¼Ÿ

Iā€™m going to pass on this but thanks for including me in the group DM, Stu.

3 Likes

If itā€™s still possible to jump on the bandwagon, Iā€™d like to buy an USUS.PI mechanical pencil (provided that itā€™s available), and one USUS.PI pen ā€” Polar or Pacific, it does not really matter which one is what. Payment available via PayPal or bank money transfer; shipping to Italy in this case (with tracking if possible).

@Stu Can I DM you for some details? Thank you in advance.

Please write here, if an MP pi is available. Then I would order one (but donā€™t need Stu as German, of course).

I will ask them today :+1:

2 Likes

Hey Kelvin, I picked up an USUS Pi ballpoint and I couldnā€™t help notice the tip is a little loose. When writing, pressing and lifting the tip, thereā€™s just enough movement for it to make a clicking sound. Have you noticed this on any of yours?

Gary, I think I will need to check again when my pens from Stuā€™s group order arrive from Germany. My current Pi suffered self inflicted damage and is current using a Pilot BRFN-30. FWIW, I donā€™t recall any serious tip wobble.

1 Like

Hey, I got pens today. Thanksļ¼

2 Likes

Hey, I was using it today, and seems like it uses magnet but I donā€™t understand how it works.
Can anyone explain it?

For the USUS.Ip ballpoint, are you finding the tip is slightly loose when deployed? Mine has a very small amount of play in it, causing it to make metallic clicks when writing. Mine is using the default Parker style G2. Iā€™ll see about swapping in a BRFN-30 and see if that makes a difference.

OK, I swapped in the OHTO refill and it fits, but thereā€™s still tip movement (just silent).

I solved the fitment problem by applying a small amount of kapton tape to the tip of the original refill. That did the trick. Feels proper, now.

1 Like

Iā€™m currently using an USUS.PI MP, and I can feel no play at all between the mouth opening and the pencil insert: exquisite fitting all around. Also, the switch-and-lever system to control the lead feed mechanism works like a charm.

Iā€™ll try to swap the pen insert I got with the pencil, and give it a try to see if I can feel any play ā€” but I donā€™t remember any when I first got the object, and took it for a ride.

4 Likes

Well, thereā€™s 1 possibility ā€“ that there were some manufacturing variances that took place. Some tip openings might be slightly wider than they should be. I did use 2 different refills in the USUS.Pi and both exhibited some play (the OHTO PG-105NP was more side-to-side). Iā€™ll have to test out a few more Parker G2 style refills and see if thereā€™s actually variances in refills themselves across manufacturers.

I too have emailed them but didnā€™t get a reply. After that I found a retailer on Amazon Germany, and today the usus.pi pen (pacific) arrived.

I think the pen is great!

Addendum: Of course I immediatley replaced the default refill with a Jetstream SRX-600-05 :sunglasses:

5 Likes