The body knock club

My favourites
Rotring 900 because I found and bought it at list price long long time ago.
Checkered pattern Kokuyo mistral because it looks pretty.
The platinum angle for its sleek and minimal design.

12 Likes

Hey that is great post. Body Knocks are my favorites!

On the top picture, can you identify the models?
I see several that I recognize, but a few are new to me. Thanks!

4 Likes

Hey, from the left it is the Rotring 900, then six Kokuyo mistrals ps-102, ps-101, ps-100, ps-4
ps-3 and a custom ps-1 lastly on the right end its the Platinum angle.

Recently I bought the Artline hairline telescopic body knock pencil, but totally forgot to include it in. :expressionless:

I really want the ps-3 model with black stripes and then the satin 900 someday.

6 Likes

Loving that cisele Mistral! I think the only reason I don’t chase after these as much is that I can never find a worthy pen for most of them…

3 Likes

Thanks! I did not know the Angle had multiple forms available - here is what my Angle looks like.

5 Likes

I get bizarro flashbacks to Twin Peaks whenever this one turns up!

7 Likes

Fun fact: The Platinum Angle (piece on the far right) was released in two different sizes. Not sure which came first, but I only have one “long” specimen and like 6 shorter ones.

You’ve also included the 3 nicest Kokuyo Mistrals in your post, and those are absolutely drool-worthy!

5 Likes

I was aiming for this but even a used one with sticker attached goes above 10k if I am not mistaken. And between the two design I really like the silver one more.

3 Likes

If you don’t mind thick lead (1.18mm), Pelikan Knickebein FTW
P1050679 | Body Knocks pt. 3 | 2nd_astronaut | Flickr (no, not mechanism wise, just because of age).

4 Likes

Beauties -
what is this one? Body Knock?

2 Likes

From memory, I believe the grey one on the far right came first (74) and then the deluxe etched one (around 76)… The date is stamped inside on the metal shaft. I sold all my vintage kokuyos… Not proud of that.

2 Likes

Dumb question, but what is body knock? How does it work?

3 Likes

Hi
Instead of advancing the lead by clicking on the end of the pencil (I.e. knocking) on these the lead is advanced by bending the pencil in the middle.

See

3 Likes

That is the Pelikan I mentioned before ;-). Yes, it is a body knock Pelikan 60 'Knickebein' pencil from the 50ies.

3 Likes

What is the difference between the PS-100 and the PS-M100?

1 Like

Oh I see, very interesting. The mechanism seems a bit odd but that makes it unique in a way.

2 Likes

I dont know if it has different internals, but mainly they have a different design to the ps-100. Overall silhouette is similar to cross products. Also I think these came in gift sets of pen and mp with similar style. I have one variation of this but I used its golden tip to repair the ps-1.

2 Likes

Lovely shots of lovely pencils :heart:

2 Likes