Tartan Grip: IJ Instruments 0.3

Hello Everyone,

I requested Lindsay Wilson from IJ Instruments to make me a mechanical pencil with Tartan Grip which he showcased here: Tartan Grip

Its a 0.3mm Titanium Pencil. It looks so wonderful and Its just perfection from Lindsay.
Here are some photos:

14 Likes

I dig that grip. Beautiful!

3 Likes

Very handsome work!

4 Likes

My favorite grip so far :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I like it! Looks like he was fairly true to the original pattern created by Platinum.
Platinum-pocket_plaid-pattern_01
Platinum-pocket_plaid-pattern_02

11 Likes

I’m somewhat partial to tartan/plaid etc. myself. Nice!

7 Likes

I too am a flannel guy!

3 Likes

Only way to be!

4 Likes

Impossible to wear flannel in these Texas summers.

4 Likes

I lived in El Paso for about 6 years, so I feel you :rofl:

2 Likes

El Paso is cold compared to Austin. :hot_face:

1 Like

My condolences about the lack of chill. At least you get weird as a consolation?

2 Likes

Didn’t spend much time in Austin, but I frequented Galveston in my early 20s :rofl:

3 Likes

That’ll change a man. :joy:

4 Likes

One can get flannel patterned shirts that aren’t really flannel. I once had a silk short sleeve shirt that looked like flannel… and I’d sometimes get comments like “aren’t you hot in that?” Sometimes it was a conversation starter with girl, which was a real asset. :wink::smile::sunglasses:

3 Likes

My favorite shirts are Sir Pendleton - they’re a very light wool worsted, which makes them warm but really posh, and they are mostly in what you’d think of as flannel-shirt patterns, plaids etc. Several of them in the photo above. Highly recommended if you get any kind of cold weather - they’re like the King of Layers.