Staedtler pencil case

Some time ago there was a Staedtler pencil case at Yahoo Japan, which was IIRC incomplete. Now there is an auction at ebay Germany, which seems complete Staedtler K77 Mechanical Pencils lead holders Feinminenstifte Vintage 28 Stück | eBay (but with price madness).
Exciting pieces (for me) are the silver “Airliner” (next to the Micrographs HS) and the Polo (?) with golden trimmings (and an ad on it?). More infos about those two would be interesting …

3 Likes

That is a sales case, but it has a few extras. Vendors in the 80s would get them to promote a brand, this is still common in the fountain pen world.
The airliner intrigued me as well when I first saw it in a German forum, those polos are older versions (the early ones had plastic lead sleeve and condor had a metal one). The airliner is the costlier model of their 776 line, marked as 776 25 in the catalogue scans they sent to me, its really just a Condor-Polo offspring with a metalised beauty to it.
Yes, that is a Polo! Polos differ from their cousins of the 776 line with their specific trim on the grip section which the Condor models dont have. The golden accentuated Polo is something I had never seen but it doesnt surprise me, there were Polos in all colours imaginable.
The price is too much but at the same time… The Hi Matic is very rare in that scheme and so are Micrographs and Polos in a state as good as this, if only the seller had made it a bunch of smaller listings…

3 Likes

Yes, Hi-Matic is rare, and the labelling fades away even when you just look at it :wink:

I saw the Airliner in your catalogue scans (thanks). I would also suspect that it is metalized and probably doesn’t feel too valuable. The “condor” & “Airliner” seems to have been promotional objects for Condor.

While convolutes like the Ohto Pistons are not useful (as discussed in other threads), I see it not as bad idea here, since it is a fully equipped vendor case. “Only” the price is too high based on the value of the individual pencils. For 890EUR I would like to see Retromatic, Micromatic and/or Retro Deluxe :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, there are 3 retros albeit that imo is still not enough. I’d try to contact the seller and try to make a deal about getting specific models
Edit: Ahhh… Retro deluxe

3 Likes

Willing to trade my Micrograph HS 05 although I’d much prefer selling it…

You actually can’t see it in the photos, but there’s a very delicate imprint on the barrel that reads “771 15 GERMANY”.

Not sure there are many other pencils around with a 5mm sleeve, like this one. And unlike the Nestler Kaliber, which is about effektivität and let’s-go-with-all-we’ve-got-and-make-a-15,5cm-pencil, this pencil is all about lightness, a refined love of materials and perfection.

(Sorta like a bump from the past, eh. I’m sorry I’m reading old threads to get the hang of the place.)

2 Likes