STAEDTLER catalogue scans 1980-2008

Reddit user stu–dying received these scans from the folks at Staedtler and agreed to share here. So cool!

7 Likes

Here are the original scans in PDF format: My Files

4 Likes

You’re awesome. Thank you.

1 Like

I’m just an enthusiast trying to make as many people as possible get an interest for mps in general, specially Staedtler ones :bowing_man:.

4 Likes

Amazing stuff, thanks for sharing!!!

2 Likes

At this point, nothing in pencildom makes me happier than new catalog discoveries!

3 Likes

Not sure I saw this page in your collection? When I first got my 777 15, I didn’t realize it had a lead cushion feature until reading the description in this page. It actually stinks worse than the Kuru Toga and as far as I’m concerned makes the pencil totally unusable.

3 Likes

Whoa, I thought the lead cushioning was related to the automatic mechanism. Turns out, it’s just an extra “feature” that turns the pencil from royalty into a plebe :pensive:

2 Likes

Sadly the micromatic is a plebe regardless of the lead cushioning. The auto mechanism itself is fairly unreliable and it’s a lottery to find one that works properly. Even when it does work properly, it’s nowhere near as smooth as other high-end automatics of the era. As someone who started by collecting Staedtlers a couple of decades ago, it is a huge disappointment.

3 Likes

Does it worth $10? They say it’s nos.

1 Like

Yep, that’s another catalogue, they only sent me the ones they had available.

2 Likes

Depends if you like it, I’d buy it.

2 Likes

Great catalog info!

I wonder… do any of you guys know when Staedtler shifted from having the lead hardness indicator in a cut-out window on the clip ring, to indicators enameled onto the clip ring with 2 arrowheads on the body for selection?

Actually, the indicators on the recent pencil might be engraved on the ring. A different photo seems to show that.