Refill for Ohto NBP-1007G

Can someone recommend a refill that fits my Ohto NBP-1007G Needle-Point pen?

I’m not really into gel pens so I’d probably try oil based refills:

or

assuming the 1007G works with G2 style refills which I seem to remember it does

2 Likes

thank you!

Do you have a photo of the refill currently inside it? Or do you have the model number?

I have two OHTO pens that use OHTO refills. One is a FLAT-C that uses a PG-105NP (which is like a Parker G2 style). The other is called a “Needlepoint”, model NBP-507SH, but it uses a very slender refill, like the straight-tube type: 897-NP 5K.

1 Like

Here is the refill

Close up:

It looks similar to the one Vasco recommended Thoughts?

Does that look like it would work?

Strange. That refill reminds me more of a Zebra, or Platinum. Looks like the body is more narrow than the PG-105NP, but the tip appears to be the same.

Because of that very long narrow neck, I’m thinking the PG-105NP might not work since the neck isn’t as long (where the step begins a ways past the metal tip). Do you have a Parker G2 style refill you can test fit?

1 Like

I’ll need to look around. I may

OHTO’s refill will dry out after several years. I have some models using this style of refill that I have simply replaced with Zebra F07.

1 Like

Hence…

See the PILOT 2020ST? That long narrow cap fits perfectly on the FLAT-C. All nicely sealed up when not in use.

I’m hoping it’s effective. I did once get burned by some Schmidt Easy Flow refills. They were in a rectangular plastic case, sitting for a few years… and they completely dried out with no use. The “caps” on them actually turned out to be guards… with open ends. And the tips had no wax bulb on them. So that may have been why they dried out.

3 Likes

0157843c1c808ea82cbfb46ffa79409dd76323d5_2_690x208

This one is the No.87NP, it was discontinued

https://www.murauchi.com/MCJ-front-web/CoD/0000021085601/

Just to be sure check the diameter of the one you’ve got, the No.87NP. If it’s Φ5.8mm then the PS-107NP or PS-207NP should fit

Maybe a No.879NP fits too since there’s a step there where the spring holds the refill in place

but they hold significantly less ink than the other ones, I believe these are for slim bp pens

2 Likes

Yep. My NBP-507SH uses that same 897-NP refill.

I tried the Ohto PS-107NP and the Zebra F-07. Neither fit. I’m still looking for a G2 style - I know I have one around here somewhere

Hmm in that case I may have got it wrong because afaik the PS-107NP is a parker-style refill.

I don’t have my NBP-1007G any more — I was a bit unsure if I ever tried a different refill but I remember the body is thinner than usual maybe 8mm? (which by itself is capable of holding a 5.8mm diameter G2) but there’s probably more to it inside…

1 Like