Random Photos: November Edition

Shut the pool down for the winter. I spent most of my Saturday and Sunday mornings this summer floating with a Bloody Mary in one hand and my phone in the other, shopping on Buyee.
While my dog swims laps.

My dog is not happy about it.

9 Likes

7 Likes

Has the dog ever tried to jump on the cover?

All. The. Time.

4 Likes

The “safety covers” they we need to get have tripled in the last 3 years.
Last year we kept it open but that was a giant hassle (I have a lot of big trees near).

3 Likes

Pampulha lake in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais

7 Likes

I had to Google that entire sentence. Beautiful! I love lakes.

I live on the south shore of Lake Travis, grew up on the water, got engaged on a lake, married on a lake, etc. I like lakes.

4 Likes

Lakes are amazing! And Pampulha looks very good but… It was created artificially with water from the sewage system (after being rigorously cleaned of course). The problem is that nowadays it’s sort of “abandoned” (maintenance wise) and it’s getting very dirty. The people that live in the neighborhood have protested in recent times because of how bad some areas of the lake smell, specially after a hot humid tropical summer day.

3 Likes

Black labs are the best. I petted one yesterday that was being raised for Guide Dogs.

4 Likes

The late, great Sam. Here he is by the ocean, but trust me, he knew how to navigate a lake too. Below, me, Sam, and the late, great Buddy on a dock by Squam Lake in New Hampshire. For a time we were owned by TWO Labs which was truly an embarrassment of riches. They were adopted together, after being abandoned by the Southhampton NY airport. My conjecture is that the person they previously owned suffered a rotator cuff injury due to repetitive stress.

6 Likes

Nice!

The real danger with black labs is the whipping your legs get from their tails wagging. I was able to walk the one I had in high school anywhere in town at any hour. People would cross the street to be on the other side at night. Actually, only people who don’t know black labs would cross the street to get away.

4 Likes

IMG_2956

5 Likes

Paulista Avenue at night during rain, reminded me of Blade Runner.

Photo of the skyline in São Paulo seen from a bridge in the Liberdade district, our “Little Tokyo” of São Paulo.

5 Likes

Mr. Cat

5 Likes

I like lakes, too!

9 Likes

Ron! It’s you! Welcome!

Marvelous photo!

1 Like

Thanks Thomas! I couldn’t get the kids to turn around and smile, but I was thankful this pic came out as well as it did. (I got married on the other side!)

4 Likes

You know it’s a good water reflection photo when you can flip it upside down and it’s still awesome.

2 Likes