Pentel Clear Clic promo items šŸ«¶šŸ»

My car is 2007ā€¦ and it had bluetooth handsfree for the phone, but I gutted the stereo and installed a Kenwood head unit, which was a phenomenal upgrade. That has handsfree as well. Thereā€™s an interface for ODB II, but I didnā€™t buy the module. I do have VAGCOM software, so I can plug in and update the programming. I did a few things like enabling rear fogs and FOB window control.

3 Likes

Yesh!!! The Sportsback! Man I love those. You hardly see them.

2 Likes

So, this is the 2.0 L with S-Line suspension. And while the 3.2 L has more HP, the 2.0 is more nimble because much less weight. And torqueā€¦ is unbelievably good. It really feels so close to my old Audi TTQR (same color, seriously missed). But the room is unbelievable. I pack so much into this little car. Itā€™s basically a mini wagon.

Iā€™ve never held onto a car this long. Itā€™s at 98k miles now, which isnā€™t bad. Itā€™s weird, as while Iā€™m so seduced by new Audis, I still love this thing. It has been extremely reliable and has taken very good care of me.

So did you take a standard Mercedes van and then have a Euro Marco Polo conversion done here in the states? Is it a fairly straightforward conversion, or does it require a lot of cutting?

2 Likes

I bought it done. Not cheap but I didnā€™t have the time, tools, or experience to start cutting up a van.

2 Likes

I hear you. Was it a special import then and then you bought it from someone here in the states?

My A3 had an option for roof rails. I really wanted them, but the dealer couldnā€™t get one for me in the time allotted. The car I wanted was sitting there at the port, just waiting to be sold, minus electric seats (I also wanted that, but in the endā€¦ didnā€™t really need it; manual works just fine; I did get heated though). You CAN buy the rails separately and have them installed, but the installation costs as much as the rails themselves. AND, a dealer wonā€™t do it. You have to have someone elseā€¦ which introduces a lot of potential problems. Itā€™s not plug-n-play. Soā€¦ I abandoned the idea. I figured Iā€™ll just make sure to have them in my next car. I had borrowed some THULE roof rails that worked OK, but I never got around to buying my own. The things I had intended to use them for just didnā€™t materialize.

ANYWAYā€¦ thatā€™s great you were able to buy it as-is. Howā€™s the fuel mileage in that Marco Polo?

2 Likes

Mercedes sells a small number of Metris vans here in the states as either a cargo or passenger version. This was a passenger version that was converted by the folks at Peace Vans and Diverge.

Majority of the Metris inventory for the states went to USPS when they picked the Metris to replace the LLV.

Supposedly an all electric Metris will be available in a couple of years here in the states. Iā€™m sort of interested but I did preorder the Cybertruck which can also be converted into a camper.

I get 17 mpg in the city and around 24 on long road trips.

2 Likes

Ok this is a dream car. Please tell me you made space in the trunk for a stove and maybe even a small refrigerator, the perfect mobile home.

2 Likes

I own a Q7 - hello fellow Audi enthusiasts :smiley:
I would say even the Q5 is soooo small :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I got the Ross-Tech VCDS and Hex-V2 hardware. It is excellent and very very capable! The only thing I havenā€™t been able to do is update the on-board map beyond the last free update. Stealerships want $800 per update lol.

2 Likes

Oh dear lord! Youā€™re gonna be driving around Texas playing Carmageddon and killing poor innocent pedestrians with those sharp edges!! :skull:

1 Like

hahaha. I wouldnā€™t drive that thing around Austin. Way too big. I had an F150 for a while and it was MISERABLE driving around and parking in this tiny city.

I have a 2014 SQ5. Fun car, but Iā€™m now spoiled by Teslaā€™s crazy acceleration and cool features.

3 Likes

I rode in a Tesla 3 today, my first ride in a Tcar. It was a Hertz rental and there were interior ā€œsnap-inā€ panels that were apart and wouldnā€™t go back together. Comfy back seat and overall an interesting riding experience. The driver (my sister-in-law) had a very positive impression but Iā€™m not as excited.

2 Likes

I donā€™t like the fact that a vast majority of the functionality is controlled by a giant central touch-panel. I like having tactile dedicated controls so I donā€™t have to take my eyes off the road for more than a split second, or not at all. Now if they had an array of such controls that were ā€œmappedā€ to different sets of functionality based on the control set selected, that would be cool.

2 Likes

Yep, Ross-Tech VCDS is great. I have the CANBUS version for my older Audi. I had tried a cheaper brand that offered it for less that 50%, but it was buggy and clearly not as professional as Ross-Tech. After setting things the way I wanted them, I hardly use it any longer. I donā€™t have the stealership do my car servicing any longer, so I manually reset the service warning. The other good thing about Ross-Tech is that resale is very good, so you can get back a sizable portion of your investment once you move on to another car.

Q7 is BIG! But if youā€™ve got at least 2 kids, I imagine itā€™s just about right. The Q5 (or SQ5) seems to be about the best balance of size and performance. Iā€™m not a big HP kind of guy. For me, itā€™s all about handling and torque. Audi does a wonderful job in that department.