Pentel 11 CPA Sharp 5 packaging & erasers

Does anyone know if the white replacement erasers in this packaging for my Pentel 11 - CPA is correct for the package? I feel like the white erasers came out much later than this packaging but the label on the eraser tube seems older than I would expect. :person_shrugging:

Also, the pencil in the photo has a green eraser.

3 Likes

I’ve always thought all the old erasers were green or pink and that white came later, but the only thing informing this opinion is simply that all my old pencils had green or pink erasers :joy:

2 Likes

I don’t know of a pink eraser in my Pentel collection. :thinking:

1 Like

A pink eraser in a Pentel pencil is an indication that somebody replaced it with non-OEM parts.

The only thing worse than a pink eraser is an old green eraser.

1 Like

The packaging here is simple and sweet. I have some like this and they have held up remarkably well.

2 Likes

I’m probably thinking of my Pilots and Platinums. Pentel seems all green to me until you get to much more modern stuff.

1 Like

Found this listing. It appears they originally came in green erasers.

https://jp.mercari.com/item/m32790198375

My guess is that seller threw in new erasers into the old container you got there. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

The White erasers started appearing in the US catalogs after the 1990-91 catalog (Z2-1 is green). The next one I have is the 1994, where the Z2-1 is white, and the Z3-1 (size of current Z2-1N) is still green.

2 Likes

I guess what got me was the old logo on the eraser tube. But I guess the green erasers could have been replaced with white ones.

Sometimes we miss the simple explanations.

2 Likes

We all wish that things could be exactly as the catalogs said it was… but in reality, new models of pencils might get shipped in older boxes. Or in this case, newer erasers were packed in still available stocks of containers with older stickers.

1 Like