Pens and Pencils on my desk

10 Likes

Those lovely Sakuras!

1 Like

9 Likes

Quick question: have you stopped making pencil designs in Blender?

No, I just don’t have spare time. Have been very busy at work…

2 Likes

20230825 - Some Double Push rOtrings

13 Likes

8 Likes

What are we looking at left to the sharbo? Pencil or a ballpoint?

a ballpoint

1 Like

8 Likes

Walter Wolf Racing ballpoint in shiny gunmetal

3 Likes

Congrats on the yellow and blue Magarin Ball / Flexiball pens :tada:

4 Likes

I’ve seen the 5 Pilots on the left, but I don’t have any of them :scream:

And I love the Platinum sunburst!

1 Like

The Dyson Pen? or Pencil? Should not look as good as it does. It is really tempting

4 Likes

I like the TWSBI pencils. I have the First Gen Silver w/ fixed tip and the Black & Brown sliding sleeve.

1 Like

As far I know it only comes in a ballpen format. It was distributed in Japan as a gift for customers and not sold at stores. But you can find then easily on mercari for a Little over 1000 yen. The finish and design is definitely cool, I have a few colours.

5 Likes

9 Likes

Lovely selection today; I think the Tombow is one of the Turkish releases (the same pencil was available in Japan, but with yellow text on the barrel).

1 Like

Oh, don’t even get into him telling you about how he got these. You’ll be super jealous! :smirk:

Dyson is a fascinating brand. James Dyson is a multi-billionaire now, the 5th richest person in the UK.

His revolutionary bagless design for a vacuum cleaner was just the right idea for the time. He was very meticulous with his lawyers on authoring the patent and it effectively shut out competition for a very long while, enough to boost his wealth by winning many lawsuits on patent infringement. Thankfully, there have been other designs developed that do not infringe on his patents that also work extremely well. At this point, Dyson Group (a Singapore based conglomerate) has expanded much on the vacuum cleaner designs to make a large portfolio, in addition to many other products… but from what I’ve read, they’ve lost the heart of the original Dyson innovation. Overpriced and overengineered, from what I’ve read in reviews. But expertly marketed.

Dyson has worked on developing many other products. One of the most impressive I’ve found is the “Airblade,” which is a hand drier using a “sheet of air” to squeegee the moisture off your hands, rather than trying more to evaporate it. I’ve used them in airports and other places and they’re extremely efficient.

I’d wondered about this ballpoint, if there’s any “Dyson innovation” in the design, or if it’s just a rebadged no-name.

2 Likes