One German and two Swedes

Took delivery today:

FC Tk-fine 9705 with pinstriped instead of concentric grooves on the grip; a click style Ballograf Nordica with real metal upper instead of metallized plastic in the modern Epoca; and a twist style Epoca that’s a nice contrast to the standard click design.

2 Likes

Loving the top two—I think I need to find a Nordica!

1 Like

:-o I didn’t know/recognized that there is a version with 9715 style grip. Do you know if it’s an older variant?

1 Like

I was actually looking for a DS5 or DS15 and found this 9705 instead. No idea if it’s truly older. For one thing the pipe fully retracts into the cone, while the regular concentric groove model is a half-slide design.

1 Like

My speculative line-up… from Tk-fine 970x old to 970x new, to 971x and on to the plastic XF 978x eventually.

3 Likes

Nice photos!

BTW There is also a DS10. I have a photo somewhere, but don’t have the pencil (rare one).

2 Likes

Do share… FC has been on the periphery of my interests for too long :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nothing spectacular … Photos are bad (as said, not mine), and the only incidence I have ever seen of this model. Maybe it’s only a prototype or even a fake?

2 Likes

There’s a whole series of these hairline pencils, including a double knock called the Aviator.

2 Likes

I know :wink: Look here P1040899 | Faber-Castell DS family (not complete): DS05, DS1… | Flickr
But this DS10 is quasi non-existing in the www.

2 Likes

Welp, that’s the nicest collection of Faber-Castells I’ve ever seen :flushed: