New Chat Feature & Sharp Talk

I’m excited to announce that our forum now has a chat feature! You can now enjoy real-time synchronous chatting with other members by clicking on the chat bubble icon at the top header of the site.

Please note that the live chat feature is not a replacement for forum posts, but rather an additional way to connect with other members in real-time. I encourage you all to continue to use the forum for long-form and asynchronous discussions. These are great for archiving and searching purposes.

To ensure that the chat feature is working well and meeting your needs, I will be continuously working on the user experience side of things. Additionally, we would like to hear from you about any additional chat channels you would like to see. The chat channels operate similarly to Slack channels.

Additionally, we are considering having set chat times, maybe three times a week, where anyone who’s available can chat together in real-time. We will call these sessions “Sharp Talks.” If you have any suggestions for good times, please let us know in the comments below.

Thank you for being a part of our community, and happy chatting!

Knock on!

4 Likes

Loving this new dimension on Discourse forums (which are just the best) :call_me_hand:t6:

1 Like