New arrivals in the mail

Thank you, Pearsonified!

Today’s mail comes in the form of a Pentel P1005 from Nimrodd. I appreciate you selling me this rare stainless steel Excalibur crown piece. I love this clip & text variant. It’s the best-looking one Pentel made. Here are some shots of the pencil near the pond in my backyard. Again, thank you, Nimrodd.

9 Likes

Incredible specimen :exploding_head:

1 Like

I forgot to post this here, finally got my hands on the 0.7mm American version of the Excalibur. Had to wipe it down with some of that stainless steel appliance cleaner spray to get all that gunk off the surface.

9 Likes

Wow. Those look great.
What did you use to clean them?

1 Like

I used this cleaner.

1 Like

Nice find! Does this 0.7 mm Excalibur feel like a direct cousin to the P1005? I imagine so, given how the auction nearly cleared $160! It was this one, right?

2 Likes

That is the one I bid $100 on, just in case. I wanted to get one to keep in the case.

Glad someone on here won it.

At that same time, I created the insert that goes with it, and fits in the case. You can download it here: Dropbox - 1971 Pentel Excalibur Insert.pdf - Simplify your life

Print the two pages back to back, trim it to 4" x 5-5/8", fold it and it will fit in the case, like the picture of it.

2 Likes

Yes, you are correct. I prefer the 0.7mm version for it’s thicker lead.

If you want an Excalibur case, someone on Ebay has one listed here.

I have this if you want it…

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. I modified your file in Photoshop, added a “Color Burn” layer at 80% opacity over the original layer to make the black text/images pop out a little bit more. I also added a 1px stroke to make it easier when cutting. Image below shows the layers merged into one.

You can find my edited version here on my MediaFire.

(Side Note: For the pamphlet to fit in the case, the size should be set at around 92% of original size when printing with 8.5 x 11 in Letter paper.)

2 Likes

No, I received my set in a case, I just have them in my Excalibur tray. I was going to pick this up to display it in the original case.

2 Likes

I did add a note on the “back”, saying Reproduction 9/23

1 Like

Whenever I opened up the file through Photoshop, the text did not appear on the image layer.

The H-210Xs are wonderful, congrats

2 Likes

I regret selling my H-1005. If they are the smooth resin ones and if you’re interested in a trade, please let me know

(sort of new here on knockology, can we do this here in the open? trading, offers, etc? if not, my apologies.)

2 Likes