Need help with a few search terms

Hi - I am trying for find some skeleton Kerrys. I know of a gold and a silver (silver being harder to find). Are there others?
I am only finding these by chance - basically looking at every single Kerry post (Yahoo Auction, Mercari, etc.).
Are there some search terms that you can recommend?

2 Likes

Even searching using “Pentel” vs the Japanese kanji “penteru” yields different results.

Because of idiosyncrasies like this, I recommend going through everything on Mercari Japan in reverse chronological order (newest first).

2 Likes

aliexpress.com/item/1005002957685837.html
I’ve bought from this seller and everything was right, so I recommend.

2 Likes

I know you have suggested this numerous times, and I have tried that, but how do you limit your search for new listings to just mechanical pencils? Otherwise I get tens of thousands of other listings mixed it.

Trying not to be an askhole.

(askhole – someone who routinely asks for advice and then refuses to do it)

2 Likes

Mercari is bullsh!t—you’ve got to wade through all the “writing instruments,” which means 70% of the results will not be relevant to you. You will get very good at spotting valuable pencils in this environment.

3 Likes

This.

Also, if you check enough it doesn’t take long.

I think we all have our morning routines of scrolling through the new listings.

4 Likes

You also have to understand that not everything is always available.

Example: there may be zero Kerry Tokyo Hands listed right now.

1 Like

You don’t.

Here is my search for Pentel (ășんどる)

The worst part on Mercari (and to a lesser extent on Yahoo Japan), is that people slap every manufacturer in the description, so at times you may get only 1 or 2 Pentels out of every 10 listings, and sometimes it is much better.

4 Likes

That’s the penteru search, but like I said—if you search for “Pentel,” you’ll see results you don’t see with the kanji search (and vice-versa). This is why it’s imperative to browse all listings if you’re on the hunt for a specific piece. (Sorry the truth sucks—but this is indeed the truth.)

2 Likes

Mercari seems to be a lot worse through the website? I use the app and the search is super powerful. I almost never get bad results.

On the search terms, I recommend
ășんどる pentel
ケăƒȘăƒŒ kerry
金è‰Č gold
透明 transparent
Some combination of those should give you what you need.

3 Likes

This! The “search terms” in the descriptions make the search useless. I guess at Yahoo Jp it’s forbidden like at ebay.

2 Likes

Mercari is definitely an app-first company