My slowly expanding Pentel Clic family

Howdy All,

Welcome to my Pentel Clic collection thread. I’ve been a little obsessed with these for the last 4-5 years after initially developing an interest in them back in 1987. My grade 3 teacher had a transparent charcoal PD345 on his desk and something about the side knock and the transparent barrel caught my eye! At that time they were ~$6 in K-mart.

Sadly, I’m still missing a few (not that this is in any way an official request):

1. PD515 Pop’npop black/grey
  2. PD335 Purple-coloured clip non-Pop’npop
  3. PD1065 red
  4. PD15 red with a cap
  5. PD345 clear clic II black, blue
  6. PQ11 persons. Orange, red, pink. Not sure about these.
  7. PD359 Quickcolour blue
  8. PD345 white

You’ll notice that I do not have any rubber grip versions. IMO, they’re an abomination. Shame on you, Pentel! I also don’t really like the newer versions like the Piannisimo.

Finally, if anyone from Pentel is reading this, please bring the original back into production.

Enjoy.

17 Likes

Insane!

5 Likes

Dude, when did you score the PD515 Pop’npop?? And would you mind taking some close up pics of its tip?

4 Likes

Man, that’s quite a story… I call it ‘When Collectors Go Mad’.

3 Likes

How’s this for starters?

7 Likes

PD15 also came in purple.
PQ11 came in orange, pink and green
DPD355, Disney in 0.5

2 Likes

What a collection! I LOVE seeing this since I pretty much the same collection.

I do not include the PD1065 or PD1055 in my QC/Clic family collection category. I also do not collect any of the rubber grip, nor the Piannisimo. I also do not collect the PD15.

The PQ11 Persons ShowerMan came in orange, pink, green.

If you’re going after the all white PD345 then the all black PD335 is a good score too. Both were used for promotional items.

Since you have the Disney Quickcolors there’s also an all clear DPD with Mickey and another with Goofy.

Although it wouldn’t be official, you have all the parts to make a clear and black Clear Clic ii.

There’s also the original set of PD347 with Clic 7 printed on the side like on the PD345 with Pentel 5. There’s also Clic 9.

You, my friend, are crushing it.

9 Likes

I guess I should also mention the all white PD335.

3 Likes

The purple PD15 is there :wink:

I admit that I know very little about the PQ11 colours and the DPD series. Can you share what you know, please?

3 Likes

The all-white PD335??? Do you have any pics?

I’ll put it on the list!

4 Likes

Sorry, solid white with black accents.

$5 says Mr Heath posts a pic in just a few.

4 Likes

@Heath must have tripped while running across the house to photograph his white PD335. He’s never this late to show it off.

4 Likes

8 Likes

I LOVE that piece.

5 Likes

Still in bed lol

4 Likes

Mate, there’s too much detail in your reply to know where to start. How is it that every time I post this collection, you find new holes in it? I fill the gaps I know about, only for more to appear, lol.

Firstly, thanks for the kind words. Next, despite my words above, I want to know about any gaps so I can keep up the hunt, so thanks for the info.

As you know, I’m not all that committed to the PD15. They’re currently just gap-fillers. I’d happily squeeze them out with DPDs or other PDs.

I like the PD1055 and 1065 but I can see why you don’t include them. They might also be squeezed out eventually.

Thanks for the correction on the PQ11 colours too.

6 Likes

My pleasure! I used to like to vicariously spend @pearsonified’s money but he’s slowed down spending big moolah on pencils to collect Barbie dolls and postage stamps. You’re all I have now.

7 Likes

4 Likes

You keep those on the floor on the side of your bed, don’t you.

5 Likes

Very nice!

I need a sub-category for the PD345 white, PD335 black and PD335 white with black accents. That’s a dangerous slope though, because promo items are arguably not ‘pure’ pieces and god knows how few/many of them are in existence!

4 Likes