My messy storage

8 Likes

Ray, do you keep track of how many pencils you have collected?

3 Likes

Do some of those Sakuras have leather grips?

1 Like

I have a bunch of these, and they feel fake to me—like a rubberized resin.

1 Like

No, and I am afraid it’s now too late to do so…

4 Likes

I think they are just plastic with leather grain

3 Likes

I have a leather covered Platinum. it feels really good in the hand but I am too afraid I’ll mess it up by using it.

2 Likes

I also have some Newmans with leather grip and always wondering if they will last long

3 Likes

[EDIT – sorry, for some reason this topic popped up and I thought it was current!]

Platinum used leather grips on a number of fountain pen models… and I’ve seen many used examples where the leather looks rather awful. I guess that either means it was genuine leather and not cared for, or it was a crappy material that just didn’t hold up well.

Btw, while TOMBOW used leather on some EXTA DELUXE models, they also employed a “leatherette,” a kind of vinyl/polymer with matte leather-like texture. It’s pretty good quality.

1 Like

I don’t have a good storage drawer like that, how do you recommend I store my pens if I want them to look pristine?

It depends upon how often you use them. For some you seldom use, stick in a plastic baggie with zip lock closure. Ones used more often? Get yourself a pencil stand with slots that keep pencils separate.

If you do not commit the sin of collecting a large number of pencils with bulky rubber grips, you might consider this solution.

2 Likes

Pilot Dr Grip has left the chat

6 Likes

Ah yes… the TOMBOW Bugout Box! :wink::smile:

2 Likes