My favorite silvers

Left to right:

PILOT Young Gentleman double-knock (x2), PILOT Protecs twist-retract (x2), PILOT clutch point squares grid (x2), Mitsubishi Jaguar double-knock, Pentel P1005, TOMBOW SH-1500LP, PILOT Sprinter, Faber Castell TK-Matic L (x2), Staedtler 925-95

Left down to right:

IJ Instruments No. 9 steel, PILOT MR Young Rex, Mitsubishi Executive double-knock, KOKUYO PS-100 body-knock, TOMBOW Keshiman steel twist-eraser (x2)

8 Likes

I have GOT to get a Tombow Keshiman :hot_face:

2 Likes

Can I ask how rare are the window patern pilots? I think they look absolutely beautiful. I would love to get one someday.

2 Likes

I have a couple extra Keshiman pencils, so I could sell you one (near mint with label) if you’re interested.

1 Like

It’s a good question. Back when I’d bought my first one, I was seeing about a handful of them turning up for auction each year. By the time I’d bought my second one, it was down to about 3 per year. I think I saw 2 sell earlier this year, but that’s about it.

2 Likes

Wow - that TOMBOW SH-1500LP is really nice.

There is one on Mercari, but it looks gold tinted. Is that just the lighting?
https://jp.mercari.com/item/m40387211049

Probably the lighting - the seller says it’s silver.

A couple beat up 0.3s are on YJP too:
https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/e1116769519

4 Likes

I’ve only seen two or three of these since April of 2021—they’re super rare.

1 Like

Heyyy, I might go for this! Haven’t had a proxy in months, so I’m just picking up odd pieces here and there.

2 Likes

Mercari or Yaj?

Both, gotta look at everything if you want to find the best pieces. If I am actively buying, I’m looking through every new listing on YAJ and Mercari every day.

1 Like

I really like that protecs. I hope I can get one soon

1 Like

You’re slacking, dude! :smirk::wink::smile:

Just within the past 4 months, there have been 4… and I’m pretty sure there were a few more earlier in the year, as well as 4~5 in 2022.

2 Likes

If you trace my reply, you’ll see I was talking about the window pane etched Pilot Clutch Point, not the Tombow SH-1500LP.

1 Like

Yeah, I see that now. Gets confusing with replies not quoting when there are multiple pens discussed in one topic. Anyway, I was just ribbing you. NHNF.

1 Like