Mitsubishi Pro Staff

The seller says this is out of print. When were these sold?

5 Likes

1980s

3 Likes

This is a good pencil, but nothing out of the ordinary.

3 Likes

The 0.3 has the yellow at the top: the 0.5 is mainly black.
I have the 0.3 and will soon have the 0.5. Agreed with @griffisu that they are nothing exceptional but I do really like them nonetheless.

2 Likes

Agreed. Saw this on YAJ and it was affordable and I liked it. I guess the age explains the condition. Mine is a little beat up.

They pop on Mercari from time to time for around 20 bucks.

4 Likes

There’s this one and another with all silver body. They LOOK great, but when you get them in hand… they’re so incredibly light and ordinary.

I had one of these and sold it on eBay a few years back. I was thorough in my description and had indicated it being made of metal and plastic, feeling light in the hand. The guy who bought it had some regrets and felt there was more plastic than he expected. I gave him a small rebate. I won’t be buying any of this series again.

3 Likes

Gotta agree! This one was pretty disappointing once I got it in hand. Also, no external rubber o-rings on pencils is a good rule of thumb.

5 Likes

The only time I’ve seen an o-ring used well, was with rOtring 600 rollerball and fountain pens. The rear has an o-ring to help with posting the cap.

1 Like