LION 1998 Catalog

LION 1998.pdf (3.4 MB)

On a whim I contacted LION and asked if they had any catalogs they could share with me.

Dear Patrick,
Thank you for your inquiry.
Although our mechanical pencil products are already discontinued, we appreciate for your interest.
Please find the attached pictures.
Hope this is what you requested.
Have a nice day!
Best regards,
HONOKA

9 Likes

Great job getting in touch with :lion:

The rarest for me has to be the trio of 35x0 with the black hex upper body… never ever seen the 0.3 or 0.5 for sale!

4 Likes

Those were some great looking pencils. I would love to add one to my collection one day.

4 Likes

Wow, so they DO exist!

1 Like

Is LION the laziest brand when it comes to naming their pens?

And what is this, to draw concentric circles?

Interesting, I haven’t seen them either (3503/5). In the other catalogue available here only the.7 is present.

2 Likes

This is just a dividing tool that allows you to really easily make equal distant measurements.
I’ve seen it used in drafting, woodworking and even sewing

https://a.co/d/9A9SSyl

1 Like

Oh, that make sense. I remembered that when I made paper trays for pen cases, I marked them for later wavy line folding

FWIW - I reached back out to Honoka and told her she stuck gold with that catalog.
I politely asked her if she finds anything else MP related to send my way. Fingers crossed. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Would come handy right now!

1 Like

Yeah. So the highest end 35x0 offered 0.3, 0.5 and 0.7 in this 1998 catalog, but by 2001 - just 3 years later - they had deprecated the 0.3 and 0.5. Seems like sales weren’t too hot and they couldn’t clear stocks of the 0.7.

3 Likes

Hmm, never seen that 2mm… I had a beautiful Lion eraser model that would run 3mm lead perfectly. Stupid stupid I let it go.

1 Like

And now a new 0.3mm GRAIL has been confirmed…

Well done