Just another Mech-Pencil-Lover

Good evening everyone,

guy from Italy writing here; I’m glad this place exists, I’ve already learnt a lot from you all, and I hope I’ll find here even more knowledge and opportunities to share my love for fine writing and drafting equipment.

I’m currently gathering a few questions for the experts, and some hopefully interesting pictures of my dearest items.

Regards from Trieste, Italy!

13 Likes

Welcome aboard!

4 Likes

Hi, it’s great to have you here!

5 Likes

Hey hey @Leonov ! Welcome to the group!

4 Likes

Welcome, Leonov! Trieste is such a picturesque part of Eastern Italy. Interesting proximity to Slovenia and Croatia. Is there much of a cultural blending there?

6 Likes

Welcome, my guy!

5 Likes

“Cultural blending” might be somewhat of an euphemism, in this case: Trieste is perhaps the quintessential “city on the border”, and is truly unique in the Italian environment: the city is on the seaside, but the most common dish is pork meat (an old Austrian Empire tradition).

Throughout the ages, Trieste has always been at some sort of crossroads, be it cultural, historical, trade-wise, &c., and everyone who has spent some time here has left a splinter of him/herself in the collective soul of the city.

I wholeheartedly recommend a visit. Plus, it still hides a few very special stationary shops (the type of places where an old owner with immense experience has a huge storage room full of new old stock stuff waiting for some brave customer do dig in), and is close enough to Venice, which talking about art materials is of interest per se.

Thaks for asking @cytherian !

8 Likes

And, of course, thanks everybody for the warm welcome: exactly the delightful atmosphere I imagined this place would come with. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome! New to the mechanical pencil addiction?

1 Like

Not exactly, I’d say: I’ve been gathering stuff for some years now — more generally, I love drafting implements, from the humblest ruler to the most complicated section liner or ellipsograph, and pencils fall naturally in the range. :slight_smile:

4 Likes