Jaguar on eBay - any opinions n price vs. condition?

Jaguar etched MP on eBay

Anybody have feelings about the price vs. condition of this item? Look at the 6th picture: the clip is pretty scarred. But the internals look OK to my eyes and (to my eyes) the design is rather nice.

I don’t know the market range for these but I’ll bet those that do are on this forum. I’d also love it if there is any opinion to share on the seller, Singapore Mechanical Pencils.

I guess if it gets bought out from under me I’ll have my answer the hard way?

Shipping incuded, $USD 60.00.

The Singapore Mechanical Pencils owner I believe is Elton and he’s… notorious to say the least. He has a ton of money and collects most of the very rare pencils are marks them up a lot.

2 Likes

Aha. I was wondering if this was the same person. I’ve seen his name around here for sure - it seems that he’s been a counterparty to many a deal among this group. Thanks!

1 Like

That Elton is not to be confused with our Elton.

It took me a while to realize that people weren’t actually talking shit in the third person about someone else who was participating in the exact same conversation…

1 Like

There are many products in Jaguar series, for this one you mentioned (and those with same shape but different patterns) it doesn’t worth that much and it’s not that hard to find them on Japanese market, a year ago, I bought four different etched type Jaguar one after another on Yahoo, either mp or bp, none of which cost more than 2,000 yen.
But then their prices started to go up, and it even went crazy for a little while(I don’t think it will stay high forever) and now a relatively good price is maybe around 3,000 yen?
Or consider using ‘jaguar ペン’ as keyword to search on Yahoo auction’s transaction history

2 Likes

I didn’t quite follow this.

You know you’re 100% sure of something, and then you go back to check and you’re 100% wrong?

Turns out my dyslexic brain has been reading ‘Kelvin’ as ‘Elton’ since day one, and up until this point, I believed there was a good Elton and a bad Elton.

You can’t imagine how daft I feel right now :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Hahaha. Wow. Poor Drifand.

7 Likes

Yeah, I was all ‘Man, Drifand must get so tired of being confused with the other Elton all the time.’

IMG_9979

6 Likes

Those Mitsubishi Jaguar mechanical pencils aren’t particularly rare. And yeah, a hashed up clip like that should be a major detractor on value. Shouldn’t be more than ¥1,500 if you ask me. Overall, the relative price of these pencils has gone up a bit, since so many other models have started to become more sought after, leaving those who can’t get them looking to other models that many collectors have passed over in past years. I remember just a few years back, listings for these sitting at ¥3,000 mint with box and no buyers for a few cycles. That was the original boxed price. Ones without box but mint with tag would get a little less on average. A fine condition one with no price sticker would often appear at ¥2,000 and not even get snatched up on the first listing. I do have a few of the Mitsubishi Jaguar etched pencils and they’re really very good. I have a particular fondness for the silver striped ones. These models do some things even better than PILOT, like the eraser cap (usually machined, versus a thin stamped tin cylinder).

2 Likes

Well now, nobody’s actually seen me and Elton in the same room at the same!

9 Likes

Well, they both live in Thailand, imho.

4 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

How can someone forget your name, my good friend Kevin.

2 Likes

It’s Kelvin. As in the thermodynamic temperature scale (degrees Kelvin). :smirk::wink:

2 Likes

Ehh… yeah, that was the joke.

6 Likes

Could we all stop making jokes at Gavin’s expense, please?

5 Likes

I think we should let Evan speak for himself here.

4 Likes