ID help needed: Platinum double knock

I got these from Elvin at some point.
Do we know anything about them like the model number, years sold, colors, etc.?

I’ve seen them in black also, but aside from that it’s a mystery to me.

4 Likes

I just refer to these as Platinum’s ¥500 double-knocks. They came in black, red, and blue, and annoyingly, there were multiple generations with different clips.

I think the clips on yours are first-gen, but the second-gen clips are noticeably cheaper.

Platinum’s ¥1500 double-knock series also came in black, red, and blue; the colorful variants are much rarer.

Finally, FWIW, I find the ¥500 double-knocks to be nearly impossible to grip. The metal grip section is like ice :cold_face:

3 Likes

I have the black version. I paid WAY too much for it.

Personally, I wouldn’t care collecting them. They are dinky, cheap and NOT double-knocks.

I wouldn’t pay ¥500 one.

1 Like

Why would you say they aren’t W-knocks? They have the same operating principal as the Manufactum Druckbleistift, Linex DP-1000, or any design that uses a side button to retract the tip… Even the OHTO Horizon qualifies in my book :smiley:

3 Likes

I don’t consider any of those double knocks either.

In order to recede the nose cone, one pushes a button (not the knocking button).

Maybe I should just call double knocks without an extra component “Triple-knocks” for purity sake. The platinum IS a double knock+ extra component. I appreciate being able to correct myself.

Thank you