Herlitz pen/pencil set

I have a pen and pencil set from the German brand Herlitz.

I have bought it around 2009 in a store which was closing.

Does anyone know more about it? Are there similar pens/pencils which could give an indication of an OEM, for example?

8 Likes

The Japanese Ueda Dd pro is nearly identical. You should check it out.

4 Likes

Thank you! Yes, they are really almost identical.

3 Likes

I love this! Herlitz, I believe, is a brand focused on schools and students. They are still around and last I checked, they were making ‘ergonomic’ ballpoints and FPs.

But every now and then there will be finds like this, where Herlitz apparently contracted a Japanese OEM to make various items. As @Ok-Satisfaction3135 has pointed out, this set is an all-black doppelgänger of the Ueda DD Pro-1000, which is itself a variant of the Staedtler 025 25 and Platinum Pro-Use MSD-1000 series.

I have also at one time seen a Herlitz branded version of the classic OHTO OP-500 double knock… but I lost the bid.

5 Likes

7 Likes

@drifand @ulfesharpe Thank you for these details! Is Ueda the manufacturer of these pencils or is there another company behind it? I once heard of Peco in connection with the STAEDTLER 925 25/35, but maybe I’m remembering it wrong.

I have only seen these online once, on a competitor to Kleinazeigen (the name escapes me), but by the time I found it, they’d already been sold. Very nice looking set.