Guitar strings as lead jam clearing tools

I can’t find the post that was made about lead sizes. It was really good and pointed out how labeled lead is often smaller or larger than stated.

I don’t know how that applies to mechanical pencils of various lead sizes. For example, will a 0.3 mm pencil be capable of serving lead thickness up to 0.4 mm and as low as 0.2 mm? We do know for a fact that 0.3 mm is really not that size, but 0.35 mm rounded down.

And with that in mind, I wonder what size guitar gauges would be appropriate for 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 0.7 mm pencil lead sizes:

By the way, for those of us who are in the USA… there’s a seller on Amazon that makes these guitar strings available for pretty reasonable prices. At least for most of the gauges, it’s $0.89 and free shipping with Prime (or free with $35 purchase). Unfortunately some sizes are over $6 USD.

1 Like

I think this is the thread you were mentioning…

https://forum.knockology.com/t/questions-youve-had-but-never-got-around-to-asking-fire-away/

1 Like

Yes, thanks Leonov.

I decided it might be worthwhile to invest a little time to create a clean larger resolution chart.

3 Likes