Fuji Corona & Manufactum… by OHHIRA

Thanks @kiwi-d for selling me the unmarked Manufactum double knock :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Sick!!!

2 Likes

I don’t get it… so you found out that the manufactum is done by ohhira? Is this an old version? The actual ones neither look like the middle nor right one?

2 Likes

@drifand Is this the one you got?

1 Like

Im confused… this doesnt look like the Manufactum on their website. Am i missing something??

1 Like

@drifand mentioned this elsewhere, but this was the first version of their double-knock. The current version is more unique to Manufactum; the older version (pictured here) appears to be a white-labeled version of the original Ohirra, but with minor alterations (such as the grip and no infill on the clip).

3 Likes

Ohhhhhhj ok. Do i sometimes see it as Ohira? Or is that a separate clone as well?

1 Like

Or rather: how many versions of this pencil ARE there??

1 Like

Is there any way you could post a side by side of the first and current manufactum? Id very much like to see them together.

Ohirra, Fuji-Corona, Kokuyo TZ-PSP, the Manufactum, various unknown/unmarked versions, Blick Premier Pro, Amazon Basics MP, and probably a few more I’m not aware of.

2 Likes

Yes, I believe this is THE ONE :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Knockologist shared the link to Dave’s original post of the OLD Manufactum double-knock… dated 2008. As far as I know, the current version (in brass, silver and black) dates back to 2010. I got my brass version in 2016/17.

3 Likes

Wow… I did a double-take, thinking the last one was a ballpoint. It’s not on the Manufactum website… :thinking:

2 Likes

My Kokuyo pro tz-psp and blick premier pro are as similar as Dr Pepper and diet Mr.Pibb.

They are both double knocks and…thats all i got…

4 Likes

Sorry for the lazy details… L-R:

Fuji Corona Mecha Pen No. 205-03 double knock. Got this from Andrey’s before Russians were booted off eBay. I thought it was expensive at around $75 but it turned out to be a bargain in hindsight.

Manufactum Druckstift Feinstrichmine 0,5mm #17651830. This is the one I got from Dave that he mentioned in 2008.

OHHIRA ballpoint with golden accents. Got this off Mercari this year. It was listed as ‘OHHIRA ball-pen’. The body and knurling are pretty much identical to Dave’s Manufactum.

4 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was a ballpoint… but my imagination tried to eek out a clutch point. :smile:

2 Likes

Internal mechanism on both of these pencils is a white-labeled Ohirra.

1 Like

I’d seen someone note that the Cult Pens mechanical pencil is made by Kaweco. Can anyone here confirm that?

Seems to be like a near perfect blend of the Blick Premier and the Manufactum Druckbleistift Messing.

3 Likes

Haven’t seen that association before with Kaweco… Cult Pencils did say they worked with an OEM (un-named) to spec out the features they wanted for their own MP.

1 Like

As far as I know, the Cult Pens double-knock is indeed made (or at least assembled) by Kaweco. It’s also only been available in 0.7 for many months :unamused:

1 Like