First Pilot Drafting Pencil?

I did :grin:

4 Likes

I took one a while ago w/o knowing what it is :-D.

4 Likes

Sorry, it was me competing. I saw it was a proxy as I was immediately counterbidā€¦ then figured OK, Iā€™ll back off as it crossed $20 USD. It might be one of us, who is more obsessed with building a complete collection. Iā€™ll try for the next one. What was your high bid?

3 Likes

You can get the mercari listing if youā€™re interested, itā€™s just 300 yen below what the YAJ one sold for!
I saw the listing but I didnā€™t go for it.

I did buy two of the weird triangular Pilot pencils that pearsonified posted before. Iā€™m not sure about the model name.

3 Likes

No way! Did you pay the Ā„13,000 or whatever homey was asking? Iā€™ve been talking to that guy on Twitter.

I have black and burgundy specimens that have ā€œToshiba Water Heaterā€ engraved into them (in kanji). And I have a black specimen in great condition that Iā€™ve been using on my desk for the past month or so.

But I spotted a navy blue one in a massive auction lot in April, so the hunt must continue!

2 Likes

I ended up paying 6000 for both of them. 3k each seems like a reasonable price to me, at least having zero information about the pen (since thereā€™s no model name thereā€™s no past auction info to go from)

2 Likes

Thatā€™s so freakin good. I would have LOVED to buy them for that price :smirk:

2 Likes

3100 Yen :slight_smile: I would have got it from Mercari if this one didnā€™t work out for that price.

3 Likes

Does anyone know when the H-215 was sold? I see it is in the 1988 catalog but the sticker on this one looks like stickers I have on older models.
I may be mistaken?

1 Like

For referance:

Use OCR image translation to view the content above. Note that this is not a catalog and only lists what they consider to be representative products, but the information about the release date is accurate

11 Likes

THANK YOU!
Where did you find this? This is great!

4 Likes

I will make this public soon

5 Likes

Linus, this is a MAJOR find! HUUUUUUGE info for Pilot freaks like me :fire:

5 Likes

Am I reading this right? The H-2003 and H-2005 came out in 1970??

6 Likes

The second image suggests the HH-50K is actually the Ā„500 ā€œlittle brotherā€ to the H-1005 (HH-100K)! This is surprising because the pencils donā€™t share any components, and they donā€™t really look anything alike outside of the fauxbois finish.

With that said, the relationship makes sense, and it clarifies the HH-50Kā€™s place in the overall Pilot lineup. Prior to seeing this relationship, I always treated the 50K like a random outlier.

6 Likes

That is correct.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t realize that the HAT-8R-05 Automatic Pencil was that old.

4 Likes

Really a nice book, but not very complete.

3 Likes

Iā€™m puzzled. Which model number do these have? H-325?

They have sliding sleeves. (The middle one looks tinted but itā€™s actually clear transparent.)

I have one with a sticker that says H0-30RP-05