Film is dead! Long live the film pencils!

It’s just too hard to collect the full line-up of ‘For Film’ pencils from any one maker, so I did a lazy combo on instead.

5 Likes

Here is my collection of the Pentel P200 family For Film.

The only one I know I am missing is the PF509.
https://twitter.com/r4pnsn91mzmhlzf/status/1372084051297792002?s=61&t=oB4fgMdLYJQLIcN3CkVDYw

Still trying to get a Graph For Film.

4 Likes

I believe I only have one or two film pieces. I’m jumping on this wagon.

5 Likes

Appreciate the detailed breakdown - I think I’ve seen the PF50x around and recall being vaguely confused by the non-sliding tip design. Can confirm my 337 has the black stopper (no pin) instead of an eraser, and no molded lead size on the body.

My Castell Filmar comes with a hard green eraser, while the Pilot has a typical pink eraser. Both include cleaning pins. So, it would seem only Pilot made 0.3 for film… but I’m in no rush to find one.

2 Likes

Even the PF339 did not have a sliding sleeve, only the .5 & .7 versions. I don’t believe Pentel made a 0.9mm sliding sleeve for the P200 series.

2 Likes

2 Film pencils and one “Non-Repro” P1040715 | Pencils "for film" For more information on the fi… | Flickr

The Micrograph I sold some time ago.

2 Likes

Do you still have the PNR9?

Yes.

Some more text to reach 20 chars.

Could you take a good clean picture on a white background, so I can add it to the Pentel ID Book. The picture I have is distorted.

I can try, but not before new year (I guess there is no hurry involved here).

That should be fine. I may try to push a new version out between Christmas and New Year, but I can hold that for a later update.

1 Like

I possess both incredible respect and pure dumbfounded-ness for your love/dedication of/to this model of mechanical pencil. Bravo.

I only thought there was one version of the pentel… i should have known haha.

4 Likes