🎉 End-of-Year 2023 Knockology Giveaway: Win a Rare rOtring Display Case!

The S57 came in blue

3 Likes

Yes, the blue metal topped Classic Deluxe needs to be in the line up next time. Just never got around to golden 0.9 and silver 0.5.

2 Likes

Thanks, Chris :slight_smile:
I believe the champagne top was standard for 0.9 versions with the ‘5-FIVE’ etching. A helpful way to differentiate the actual lead size.

4 Likes

My favourite is my Korea limited edition blue and gold Orenz, a gift from someone important to me

7 Likes

PLATINUM Angle! My mania love for mechanical pencils started from a Tombow olno to some extent. I like body-knock pencils so much. This Angle is the most advanced body-knock pencil in my eyes.

13 Likes

Do you have a comparison to the higher-grade kokuyo mistrals? That would be an interesting „study“ imho …

I could do the work, but as always it’s too cumbersome to fish out the pencils :wink:

7 Likes

That is a gorgeous Chevron Angle specimen :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Giveaway Update:
I am thrilled to announce an addition to the End-of-Year giveaway. A second-place winner will now receive a Spoke 4 mechanical pencil and accessories thanks to Brian from Spoke! Thanks for supporting us, Brian!

How to Enter: (do this before December 31st!)

• Like the First Post on this Thread: Show your excitement and appreciation!
  • Comment Below: Tell us about your favorite mechanical pencil or pen. We love hearing about your prized possessions and why they’re special to you.

Special Perks:

• Free Shipping for US Citizens: If you’re in the US, don’t worry about shipping costs; I’ve got it covered!
  • Up to $20 Shipping Support Worldwide: Not in the US? No problem! I’ll contribute up to $20 towards shipping costs.

Draw Date: Mark your calendars! I’ll be randomly drawing the lucky winners on December 31st.

I’m counting on your enthusiasm to make this giveaway a success! Participate by liking the first post in this thread and sharing your favorite mechanical pencil or pen story in the comments.

Spread the Word: I need your help! If you’re part of the Reddit community or other forums or social networks where pen and pencil enthusiasts gather, please share this giveaway. I’m not allowed to advertise on the subreddit directly, so your support in spreading the word is invaluable!

Good luck, and thank you for being an active part of the Knockology community!

11 Likes

My favorite pencil is the Pentel Kerry due to its timeless design and quality.

6 Likes

My Favourite pencil that I own is Sakura Archi YS3000, just because of how beautiful it is. It’s a wonderful piece.

Pencils that I really want: Sakura At-matic ATS3000, Pilot Gentleman Double knock, Sakura archi K, Pentel mechanica and so many more.

6 Likes

I love Spoke, which my friend got me this year. Wonderful piece.

6 Likes

My favorite mechanical pencil has to be my brass PG5 by IJ Instruments. This pencil is just about perfect for me. The interrupted knurling provides a comfortable yet secure grip. The brass makes this a hefty pencil, and is weighted about on center. It feels solid, like a single piece of metal. Absolutely no rattling.

9 Likes

but that the clip is shitty is the more noticeable with the beautiful brass body :wink:

3 Likes

It’s probably not for everyone – it’s expensive, heavy and not pocket safe. But I think it’s absolutely beautiful. The brass body has more of a patina on it now, so the material differences are not as noticeable. But in the end, I’m not sure what the best solution would be… A solid brass clip would not hold up. Maybe if it were electroplated in brass instead of chromed? I believe he did something similar with the tip. IIRC he just removed the chrome plating.

4 Likes

Get a better (bigger) pocket…protector!

IMG_2502

You’ll be the coolest person wherever you go!

5 Likes

My favorite is the PG2003…

4 Likes

Favorite: I think it has to be my vintage Pilot The Shaker H1010. I’ve had it for a very long time and, as I’ve gotten more variety in other pencils, its virtues seem to hold their place more and more. An old friend.

Runner-up: a Graphgear 500 .5. I just like the way it feels in my hand and I also respect the value for the price. I have several similar pencils like an Alvin DraftMatic and a Muji Low CG, and the Graphgear still feels like the best of the lot.

5 Likes

Update: by popular request, the first prize winner will be able to pick between the rOtring display and the Spoke 4 with accessories.

10 Likes

I hope one day to get one of these. I just poured about $800 USD in writing instruments this year, a good bid above my intended threshold. While IJ Instruments is a modern production house, their tribute to the venerable PG5 is just spectacular. What I’d really like to see is one for the PMG. Engineered such that all you need is a PMG donor for the nose cone and the rear (for docking compatibility of the protective sleeve) and you’re all set.

The Pentel P20x style clip has never been a favorite of mine. I think it’s pretty functional, but that angled shape looks like an afterthought, especially how the body collar sits slightly askew from perfectly perpendicular. You see it on so many of Pentel’s legendary pencils like the PSD5, Mechanica, and so on. Sadly, there’s no easy way to remove it on the IJI PG5, without scratching the body… and also, there’s an unsightly groove that remains. But… all one need do is look at the accuracy of the homage and I think it makes sense Lindsay went with the Pentel clip.

3 Likes

Alright folks. Tonight I will be drawing the winners of the giveaway. Please make sure you “liked” / “hearted” the first post in this thread. Right now there are only 25 likes on that post.

9 Likes