Current Pentel Orenz in use

I use a Pentel Orenz pretty much everyday. I think I have around 50 of them.

Here’s my current 0.2 I’m using.

6 Likes

You always take some great pictures. :facepunch:

1 Like

Bump!

I’ve got an Orenz Nero, but never got around to picking up an Orenz. So many different variants out there, it’s like Pentel’s new thing–let’s make so many colors, we’re bound to hit a favorite with everyone! And I’ll bet some were short term releases to create that “limited feeling,” right? :wink:

That white one with the stripes… looks like it’s suggestive of the French flag.
Was that a sticker you added, Thomas? Browsing images online, haven’t seen any–all completely white.

2 Likes

Nope, not at sticker. The blue and red color bands are printed.

3 Likes

Nice, thanks. What variant name is it? Was it a limited release and now hopeless to find, or still available? :thinking:

2 Likes

There is indeed an all white Orenz but this one is the Glam version. Let me see if I can find more info from when I bought it.

2 Likes

https://jp.mercari.com/item/m83031502474

2 Likes

Interesting. Was it some kind of narrow collaboration or something? I thought from the package that the tip was covering an “E”… “Gleam.” But searching on that as well as “Glam,” I turned up nothing. The details of the listing do reference Gleam.
“White axis × tricolor color pattern GLEAM pleasure
#GLEAM pleasure # Mind Wave Inc.”

Anyway, I wonder what’s the deal with it not appearing around any retailers. Much older release maybe?

“Gleam”… nah. I’m gonna call it the Icarus.

3 Likes

Sorry. Typo. Yes, Gleam. It was part of the series that had Gleam, Cheer, and Favor. I have all 3.

Gleam - pleasure
Cheer - always be yourself
Favor - happiness

2 Likes

Ah, I see. All part of a collab with Mind Wave Inc., I guess.

2 Likes

Yea, there are so many collabs and editions like this. The Pentel sales reps do a good job of getting business.

2 Likes

Yep. They were rather prolific with the SMASH. And quite a lot with the Kerry too.

Btw… question about the forum software here. I really like it. Pretty adaptive and dynamic. When you link to a remote image, does it make a local copy? Or does each loading of the post retrieve the linked image?

2 Likes

I don’t hate that. I can’t, and won’t, collect all but I do have a lot.

2 Likes

It’s a bit insidious how they draw you in…

I decided to narrow my focus on just a few characteristics. Like, the transparent Kerry, and any with alternate metal grip (CDT, Tokyu Hands).

2 Likes

I gotta say…

I had a lot of parameters I stuck to until I started connecting all of us collectors with this club. Now I have a lot more pieces than I originally thought I’d have.

3 Likes

Yep. It’s… contagious.

For instance, in the beginning I tried to stay focused solely on retractable tip pencils that do it right–solid, little or no wobble. And that was it. But… I couldn’t keep myself isolated to that, because of what people would show off, grabbing my eye, prompting desire. :wink:

3 Likes

How is the all rubber coated Orenz performance-wise compared to the new edition, with the metal grip? Reminds me a bit of a Kuru Toga Roulette.

2 Likes

I don’t have a single Orenz with rubber. In fact, I have very few rubber grip pencils. I think the only ones I have are the Pentel Person Shower Man which @knocktype11 and I own mostly because of its ridiculousness.

2 Likes

OK… maybe a better question… among all of these variants, is the internal mechanism exactly the same, or did they make some changes that you can actually feel in usage?

2 Likes

The standard model and the metal grips have the same internals. Nothing different from the P200 components besides the sliding sleeve.

I’m pretty addicted to the metal grip Orenzes, especially the all black matte one.

I’ve made a few custom bodied metal Orenz that are some of my most exciting pieces to use.

2 Likes